SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A good boat/deck shoe
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A good boat/deck shoe Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The Sperry's look nice going to give them some consideration. I'm liking these Olu Kai shoes too. anybody have experience with these?

Olukai makes, by a WIDE margin, the best flip flops I have ever had (I've tried a bunch over the years). My wife and I both have a couple of pairs.

My wife also has some of their in-and-out of the water sneakers and likes them.

Based on that, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on any other footwear they make.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I've got a pair of Riekers that I like. I don't know what kind of boating you're doing, but for launch and recovery of an inland lake fishing boat, it's hard to beat Crocs with a back strap. They also fill the bill for "comfy, light weight, and ventilated."

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Sebago

Posts: 3589 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Thanks as always for all the replies. Went with the Sperry Top Siders and think I will order a pair of the Olu Kai flip flops. Should be set for the 2 weeks of summer we get! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should be set for the 2 weeks of summer we get! Big Grin

Good Lord. That REALLY sucks!

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks as always for all the replies. Went with the Sperry Top Siders and think I will order a pair of the Olu Kai flip flops. Should be set for the 2 weeks of summer we get! Big Grin

I love my Olu Kai Mea Ola's but they're not built for life aboard. Olu Kai has some models with non-marking full soles instead of the patchwork leather/rubber, so choose those instead.

I wear Spery AO Topsiders and Spery flops with the gum rubber soles, as well as Sperry Technical Sailing Shoes on my boat. But, the best boat shoes I ever had were made by Timberland, since discontinued.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10359 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find that most things I like get discontinued . Case in point, Sperry Barracudas. A great lace-up waterproof boat shoe that I bought in a store in St. Michaels, Md. Tried to buy another pair about a year later...discontinued . Can't even find NOS online.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post