SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need Source for #10 Cans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Source for #10 Cans Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
The Canneries used to sell #10 cans for a very reasonable price. Alas no more.

Does anyone have a source with reasonable prices?

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Not sure what reason price is, but here's a site to check out that has them for sale. I just Googled #10 Cans.

https://www.berlinpackaging.co...oEAQYAiABEgI0b_D_BwE

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3648 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with local Italian pizza restaurants, as their tomato sauce usually comes in #10 cans. Other restaurants as well. If used ones are ok.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I buy from House of Cans at work. Give them a try.

https://www.houseofcans.com/10...-700-can-p-1798.html

They sell the lids and sealers, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Check with local Italian pizza restaurants, as their tomato sauce usually comes in #10 cans. Other restaurants as well. If used ones are ok.

I don't think you can reseal a used can.

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

You're obviously not really Southern.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

HA! Yeah, my dad would solder or braze the old lid back on! He’s that cheap.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:

HA! Yeah, my dad would solder or braze the old lid back on! He’s that cheap.

I've seen people turn the can opener sideways and cut the rim off and put a new lid on.

But in all defense the OP didn't specify he was looking for new ones. My dad used to use used ones to store all sorts of bolts, drill bits, and crap like that in them in the garage.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
quote:

But in all defense the OP didn't specify he was looking for new ones. My dad used to use used ones to store all sorts of bolts, drill bits, and crap like that in them in the garage.

Coffee cans were the best with the lids. Old jars which had been washed out for various items. Still has some stuff in baby food jars from when I was a baby which was a long time ago! Dad’s outbuilding looks like a grocery story as much as a hardware store. Old post office boxes as well for some storage. Old skillets become new dog bowls. Waste not, want not. And he knows where everything is......usually.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1900 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Are you looking for empty used ones?

Restaurants use them all the time for things like tomato products, ketchup etc.

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Is duct tape involved? Smile

Posts: 15144 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Sorry for being non-specific.

I am looking for unused food-grade can and lids that can be sealed with a can sealer.

LDS canneries used to sell for IIRC under $1.

I realize that is probably lower than can be found commercially, but I would like to keep costs down as much as possible.

Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Canneries used to sell #10 cans for a very reasonable price. Alas no more.

Does anyone have a source with reasonable prices?

The Mormons used to sell all kinds of food and #10 cans to store it in. Are you near Richmond? Their website shows that they have a store there. Years ago they told me you could rent or use their sealer if you bought food from them.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post