SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Should have put a TV on the back deck years ago!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should have put a TV on the back deck years ago!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Got some new equipment for the home gym and had to rearrange. TV and sound system needed to go on a different wall and the 32” TV looked way too small.
Best Buy had a 50” on sale for $189 so that went on the wall and put the 32” out on the deck.
It’s been in the 80s the past couple evenings but our deck is covered, screened, and fully surrounded by trees, so nice and shady. With the ceiling fan on it’s a little warm but still enjoyable.
Have some crappy chairs out there so I am looking out for a sale on a nice patio couch with the chase lounge thing to lay on. I see myself sleeping out there when weather cools.
My kids have a new happy place. I Got up at 0630 the other day and went downstairs to find the door to the back deck open. To which I was slightly concerned so I peaked outside and there was my 9 year old sitting in his underpants watching Garfield.
The boys have a new happy place.
I’d say I’ll get a bigger TV later on after getting the furniture.

So if you don’t have a TV on the deck I highly suggest it!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25721 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Costco 75" Samsung on mine

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
And watching a quality show as well. Nice!

My outdoor patio is smallish, but is covered and I have shades. Couches, love seat, table and a ceiling fan. And a 60" Samsung TV out there. When the weather is nice here I spend as much time as possible outside on it and end up sleeping there a lot.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Its good stuff, have had one on the upper covered deck for a long time, finally gave out a few years ago and replaced it with a 60 inch we got at Costco. Has built in ROKU and BT the kids and grandkids use it more than me, when the weather cools down I'll be out there.

If you like the patio TV, I highly recommend one in the garage, if you spend time out there like I do...

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have had one out there for a long long time. Since before YouTube was really a thing and one had to use vehicle repair manuals to get things done.
Cincinnati Public library always had them available online for years so I had a computer at least in the garage. Started using a TV as the monitor quite some time ago.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25721 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Back screened porch TV gets used a ton all spring and fall and even right now the evenings many nights are nice enough. Football in the fall is big out on the porch.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10607 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post