SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    President Trump likes meatloaf
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Trump likes meatloaf Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I like the brown crust on the meatloaf so my bride makes it in a muffin pan. We get 6 individual meat loafettes, each with a nice brown crust.

This is a great tip. I also use a mini muffin pan to bake meatballs.
A couple years ago, I purchased a jumbo muffin tin for smoking Mom's meatloaf on the BGE. I use it as a mold instead of putting the tin on the grate as it increases surface area for the smoky goodness.

This thread reminded me that I haven't made meat loaf in a while so here is tonight's jumbo muffin sized meatloaf on the BGE cooked low and slow:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23656 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Meatlovefe?

I'm not a big fan of meatloaf. However my mother made a meatloaf that was Italian spices and had a slice of thick ham and mozzarella cheese rolled up in it. That dish is a get out of my way and watch your fingers.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For crying out loud.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Meatloaf, corn on the cob and a baked potato is one of my favorite meals.
Prefer mix of veal, pork and venison as the meatloaf components.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the brown crust on the meatloaf so my bride makes it in a muffin pan. We get 6 individual meat loafettes, each with a nice brown crust.

As others have noted, this is an excellent idea! And how about baking flattened balls of meatloaf on a cookie tin? That would provide even more browned crust.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Your wife is a genius!!! I'm trying this!

quote:

Me too, in about 5 hours!!! That is a great idea!! Spicy ketchup on the tops of each, with real bacon crumbles on top of that!!

Posts: 6711 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post