SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Morbid songs from our youth
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Morbid songs from our youth Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
My first thought was Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks.

That and, to a lesser degree--not really "morbid," per se: "Those Were The Days" by Mary Hopkin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
My sincere apologies but how has this soppy wallow not been mentioned?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
MASH movie and television series theme song ... "Suicide is Painless" ~ Johnny Mandel (music) and Michael Altman (lyrics) 1969.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
Murder Ballads album by Nick Cave. The whole thing, chock full of desolation and death.

I am fond of "Henry Lee" by Nick and PJ Harvey.

Honorable mention: Morning Dew by Bonnie Dobson. It's been covered by EVERYBODY, the Dead, Jeff Beck, Nazareth, Robert Plant, ripped off by Tim Rose.

I like Tim Rose's the best due to the excellent drumming of Bernard Purdy.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cold Ethyl by Alice Cooper

https://youtu.be/JwFE9tkq4KM

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Ode to Billy Joe", Bobby Gentry.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
My first thought was Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks.

Punk it up with a good cover...

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
One more..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I wasn't into Punk when I was younger, but I was exposed to a lot while in the USMC. One of the songs that was popular in those circles was Suicidal Tendencies' 'I Saw Your Mommy' which came out in '83 - the year in went into the service. It is not for the faint of heart.

There are a lot of Punk songs that fit the bill, but that's the only one I'll post since it is so extreme.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
I wasn't into Punk when I was younger, but I was exposed to a lot while in the USMC. One of the songs that was popular in those circles was Suicidal Tendencies' 'I Saw Your Mommy' which came out in '83 - the year in went into the service. It is not for the faint of heart.

There are a lot of Punk songs that fit the bill, but that's the only one I'll post since it is so extreme.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I guess this goes back way before my time but it was on the radio when I was a kid

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
"Ticking" by Elton John.

https://youtu.be/So15b6XNuK0

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
American Pie

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You want Morbid, I'll give you Morbid. Pretty damned funny Morbid.

https://youtu.be/2Chv7qs7O4U

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
"Ben" by Micheal Jackson

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Timothy - The Buoys

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Felix Da Housecat
Don't Try This At Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWBtWPcgYtU

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
"I don't like Mondays" - Boomtown Rats

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post