SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Liars (Actually Prisoner’s Dilemma) Game Theory and Immigration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liars (Actually Prisoner’s Dilemma) Game Theory and Immigration Login/Join 
The Ice Cream Man
posted
My friends and I were discussing this the other night.

Immigrants who are looking to leave their low-trust culture, to seek the benefits of a high-trust culture, are the “Americans Born Elsewhere.”

Recently, lots of the immigrants are “liars”, looking for a high trust culture to prey on, because they’ve collapsed their own culture.

Black, White, Brown, etc are all irrelevant relative to either high-trust or low-trust.

DC is failing for the same reason.

The only way out, is to make the consequences for “liars” much higher.

(Historically, this has required a “law giver,” but perhaps a rational approach can be made .)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aglifter,

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree more on consequences for the D.C. lairs. Here is something both sides had better come to grips with. Industrialized nations including our own are beginning to suffer the problems associated with demographics. The American population has not been producing babies at a rate that soon our population is going to shrink. The left is going to think you can't have a growing government without a growing population. The right is going to think you can't have a growing economy without a growing population. By hook or by crook these people are going to get in. This demographic problem is going to hit China and Russia much quicker and harder. Why? No one wants to live there. We are going to last much longer problem free because we have people who want to come here.

After that fact we can argue about what policies will be the best for all, and the continuation of this great nation.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
In the early days of the net, it was simple to find an explanation of the Liars Game, and an online model, to permit playing with various parameters.

If anyone finds a similar link, I’d appreciate it.

So, apparently it helps, if I remember the correct term…

It’s prisoners dilemma - still haven’t found one where you can alter values, though…

Posts: 5706 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The idea that no one wants to live in China is absurd. China will import Southeast Asians to help mitigate their impending population collapse due to 40 years of "one child" policy.

The entire culture normalized to having one child and now having more than one is rather difficult - apartment size/cost, school cost, college cost, having to set up your son with a home and car to be able to get a desirable wife, etc. So even now that they can have up to 3 (I think), hardly any are.

Chinese are not clamoring to leave either. Some are, but it's not like 40 years ago. SE Asia is still much poorer and China is an improvement.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I had to look up "high trust and low trust cultures" to understand the OP.

I have to disagree that the US is a high-trust culture just by what i read about such societies. I would look at Denmark as an example of a high-trust society.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post