SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    He coughed up a lung

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
He coughed up a lung Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Well, kinda … pretty cool, huh? Now his buddies nicknamed him "Doc Holiday." Smile

"During an extreme bout of coughing, the patient spontaneously expectorated an intact cast of the right bronchial tree. The right bronchial tree consists of three segmental branches in the upper lobe (blue arrows), two segmental branches in the middle lobe (white arrows), and five segmental branches in the lower lobe (black arrows)."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMicm1806493

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15901 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ok, wth!?

ETA: After reading the link, which is full of medical jargon, I learned that the patient died two days later. His ending did not seem pleasant. Poor guy.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30412 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
That’s the reason you should cover your mouth when you cough. Big Grin

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't read the article but thought there was no way he would be able to pull through with something like that occurring. I can't imagine the pain/discomfort he went through and nor would I want to.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Report This Post