SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sessions' approval ratings lower than Nancy Pelosi's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sessions' approval ratings lower than Nancy Pelosi's Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
https://www.al.com/news/index....approval_rating.html

More than 40 percent of those responding to a recent poll said they have an unfavorable opinion of Jeff Sessions, the Alabama Senator turned U.S. Attorney General.

A recent poll by POLITICO/Morning Consult asked people their opinion of Sessions. Three percent said their opinion was "very favorable" and 15 percent said it was "somewhat favorable." Seventeen percent said their opinion of the AG was "somewhat unfavorable" and 28 percent said it was "very unfavorable." Thirty-five percent said they either had no opinion on Sessions or had never head of him.

The same poll showed 43 percent approved of the job Donald Trump is doing as president compared to 52 percent who disapproved.

Sessions' approval rating was below that of Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnel (20 percent), House Speaker Paul Ryan (30 percent); and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (26 percent).

Sessions, an early supporter of Trump's presidential campaign, has found himself at odds with the president over the ongoing investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. On Wednesday, the president called on Sessions to end special counsel Robert Mueller's probe of election intervention, statements that came a day after Trump's former campaign chairman went on trial.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Trump has called him out to end this Mueller probe.

Looks like a defining moment is finally here.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Trump has called him out to end this Mueller probe.

Looks like a defining moment is finally here.

Nothing is gonna happen. Trump won't fire him. And, since he recused himself from all this Russian business, leaving Rosenstein in charge, he's stuck on the sideline watching the game. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 27628 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I have an ignorant, yet serious question: Why can't Sessions un-recuse himself from all this Russian business?

Posts: 16208 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I have an ignorant, yet serious question: Why can't Sessions un-recuse himself from all this Russian business?

He can. It's just that he won't.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
As well they should be. Were it not for Sessions inaction and recusal, half of this nonsense would not be continuing on.

I hope after we keep the house and senate in November, Uncle Trump fires his worthless ass. My 0.02 Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Bless his heart. He just needs a front porch, a rocking chair and someone to push it for him.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Milquetoast.

Posts: 20611 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
quote:

You don’t know anything about this.

As I pointed out the other day in another thread, I suppose it is not impossible for someone to “unrecuse” after a legitimate and good faith recusal, but it would be very unusual.

The reason for recusal, some bias or interest or involvement in the matter to be resolved, or the appearance of such, doesn’t evaporate or diminish with time, etc.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sessions has a pretty small fan club, and it doesn't seem that hard to see why.

1) Dems/liberals aren't in it.
2) Never-Trumpers can't be in it (he's a Trump Appointee! Horrors!)
and
3) Trump supporters who wanted an effective AG aren't in it

Who's left? Wink

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Sessions has a pretty small fan club, and it doesn't seem that hard to see why.

1) Dems/liberals aren't in it.
2) Never-Trumpers can't be in it (he's a Trump Appointee! Horrors!)
and
3) Trump supporters who wanted an effective AG aren't in it

Who's left? Wink

Sessions himself? Big Grin

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, when did we start doing opinion polls on the USAG? And Second, I would assume Janet Reno wasn't to popular either.....

Was there ever a "popular" USAG?

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
with ALL of the crap from the previous administration one would think that since he's not involved in any current investigations he might spend perhaps 5 minutes a day considering Lois Lerner, Susan Rice, Eric Holder, the Clinton Foundation, Hillary Clinton....so many opportunities.

the list of potential criminal probes is huge...and what has he done?

so far,essentially nothing to restore the credibility and faith in the American system of justice

What I figure is that he is waiting for the statute of limitations to time out and then he will go before the camera and say that his hands are tied because the clock has timed out

I'd do a better job at being AG than this guy has - bring charges, make arrests, give some jail time, get real prosecutors rather than persecutors and go after them ALL

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Rosenstein is running the DOJ. Sessions just has a bigger office.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

As I pointed out the other day in another thread, I suppose it is not impossible for someone to “unrecuse” after a legitimate and good faith recusal, but it would be very unusual.

Well, shit.

Don't you think Mueller going way way out of his mandated scope of "Russian tampering in the 2016 presidential election"...to "Collusion"...to "Obstruction of justice"....to CONSPIRACY now would be something that would wake Sessions up to at least tell him to A. stick to the scope of what he was given or B. end this?

I mean, what the hell else does he need?

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

The reason for recusal, some bias or interest or involvement in the matter to be resolved, or the appearance of such, doesn’t evaporate or diminish with time, etc.

Well, that was tactful. I've listened to numerous lawyers and Prosecutors as guests on the Fox news shows say exactly what I said. Who cares if it is unusual? It can be done.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course it can be done. Sessions didn't recuse himself because of conflicts of interest. He recused himself because he was too much of a coward to stand up to the bullying of the Democrat Senators during his confirmation.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thirty-five percent said they either had no opinion on Sessions or had never head of him.
That right there tells you all you need to know about the poll. Telephone polls depend on mouth breathers and people too bored to screen phone calls.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
We have the biggest witch hunt of a president in American history.

So of course we wouldn't want to do anything unusual now, would we? Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post