SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas Came Early from Jim Allen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Came Early from Jim Allen Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I received the most awesome Christmas present today from Martine

all of his ham radio equipment

I wasn't expecting that at all but it is the most awesome gift I could get

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I am certain JAllen would be most pleased that you will now be enjoying it.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Too Cool!

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Wow! I’m sure that gift will generate many memories.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
73 and "over"

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
When you get it set up to use nh, post a pic please.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
That is very cool!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
That is very cool!

Indeed! He continues to bless this forum and its members.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, updated pix of both your shack and observatory would be fantastic! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that is one heck of a gift!

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is something special. I would also enjoy seeing it all set up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Great job Jallen!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JAllen and his family are fantastic. I really miss his posts. Enjoy your gift nhtagmember.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it stayed in the " Family " and that it will be used.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I remember a number of very generous karmas you have given away here over the years. I think this was well deserved. I hope you enjoy and use it for many years.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
That's awesome!

I'd never met Jim in person, but we were familiar with each other on QRZ.com, a ham radio site.

I followed his posts there, too, because of his great knowledge of over 50 years experience in ham radio and his friendly willingness to share it with others.

Jim was pretty much only into QRP (low power) on CW (Morse Code), and didn't care for voice or high power. He loved the challenge of working hard and using his skill and technique to get down in the weeds, so to speak, and working signals around the world. That's not easy! He was very good at it.

I was familiar through his time on QRZ of his equipment, and I'm so glad you got it, instead of it being dumped at a ham fest. I'm sure you will put it to good and frequent use.

I just looked on QRZ and read some of his old posts. The man knew his stuff and freely shared it. He's missed there, too.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he'd be happy to see it put to good use by one of his friends here.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful time and way for you to realize a little immortality for him.
Merry Christmas.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
That may be the single greatest honor I’ve heard of in my time on this forum.

I’m also very glad it went to a good home.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Honestly I cannot think of a more deserving person.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post