SIGforum
Problems with ATT.net or sbcglobal.net email?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2930020534

December 22, 2017, 03:47 PM
chellim1
Problems with ATT.net or sbcglobal.net email?
Problems with ATT.net email?

I have an sbcglobal email address which was linked to yahoo.
As of today, I'm getting yahoo email but not sbcglobal.net email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
December 22, 2017, 04:00 PM
I've been having problems getting into my att.net email from my laptop, but not from my desktop or cellphone. Confused. Confused

Q

December 22, 2017, 04:06 PM
NavyGuy
Mine is working okay both through the Yahoo web mail and direct download.

I'm still amazed Att is still using Yahoo as their mail server. As big as they are it would seem they'd just put in some servers and offer up their own email system.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
December 22, 2017, 05:44 PM
remsig
No issues with my account on either the computer or my phone.
December 22, 2017, 06:07 PM
GaryBF
Mine is working okay (N. St. Louis County).
December 22, 2017, 08:27 PM
chellim1
Huh. My issue must be pretty localized.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
December 23, 2017, 06:54 AM
arfmel
Correction/update.

Early last night my bride reported problems with sending and receiving email through the sbcglobal address on her apple computer, it's asking for her password but not taking it. Mail works fine on her iPhone.

Restarting seems to have fixed the problem on the computer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,
December 23, 2017, 09:40 AM
220-9er
I have been having problems for the last week or so with two different ones.
Windows recently did two critical updates and I think that was at least one of my problems. Some of the settings on one of my accounts seemed to change by itself.
The other one needed to have one of the more complex passwords applied but I don't recall them notifying me of that. A week of pulling my hair out and I seem to be mostly ok now.

December 23, 2017, 10:00 AM
shovelhead
Ameritech accounts work fine.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
December 23, 2017, 10:06 AM
aileron
My sbcglobal.net is working okay today, but over the last month I've had problems with it on the 'puter, but the iOS version worked fine. ??