SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Every day insoles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Every day insoles? Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
I'm ashamed to say I've worn the same insoles for the last 15 years or so. Bought them in the US ages ago and haven't been able to replace them. Needless to say that they're sooooo comfortable but it can't be denied they're falling appart and beging to be replaced.

Can't tell the brand, they're green on top and the base is yellow.

Likely technology has evelved since I bought these and now looking forward to visit your country the insoles are on my priority list.

What can you guys recommend? I wear sneakers or short boots most of the time, shoes only on special occasions. My last two pairs of shoes look short for clown shoes but are pointy, not the snuby type.

Please, don't pull out your Mexican boots pics for me... Wink

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
If PF is a concern, get Spenco orthodics.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Which ones for PF ffips?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Pricey, but excellent: SuperFeet

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I use Protalus. I have a bunch of them. Always look for the sales, they're usually two for one, or somesuch.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:

My old Spencos were green and yellow. Sent a pair with my daughter to Ft Leonard Wood.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:

My old Spencos were green and yellow. Sent a pair with my daughter to Ft Leonard Wood.

These are what the podiatrist prescribed. They were in the $35 range. Full length is my preference. Academy Sports has some that are 3/4 length I think. Those worked too.

Solving PF isn't a fast process. Proper stretching and isolating movement in the arch is key. The simple act of walking continues to prevent healing. The orthodic supports isolate movement and allow healing to begin.

Once it is healed, or if you get a cortisone shot in the foot, you'll be amazed at how much pain you ignored.

That shot in the foot hurts.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
What does PF mean?

0-0

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
plantar fasciitis

Painful is an understatement.

Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
My orthopedic podiatrist recommended these and with my wide feet I payed more and got the slim versions.
https://smile.amazon.com/Spenc...nco%2Borthodics&th=1

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using these for years.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerst...nsoles/dp/B01BLAGT0W

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If you need some help buying something in the US that isn’t available there, email.

I use Superfeet. YMMV.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These healed my PF. I no longer need them.

https://www.silipos.com/collec...products/wonder-spur

They also have full length insoles.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
Pricey, but excellent: SuperFeet

Bingo! ++++++

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
If you need some help buying something in the US that isn’t available there, email.

I use Superfeet. YMMV.

Thank you very for the offer. I'm seriously planning to finally make a trip sometime this year with my beloved wife. It's been too long since the last one and 5hat is why I'm thinking of all those tiny details that made my visits so wonderful
I asked before about NY murky non alcoholic apple cider that I loved to drink in large quantities while stuffing myself with saltines

Wife has never been there and if I want to show her all over I better take good care of my feet.

Will likely keep posting about small items and how / where to find them as simply as possible.

Thank you again. I might ask a favor or two in order to get the goods beforehand and have them shipped to a friendly member so I won't have to worry about delays while traveling.
Used to manage my trips like that since the nineties while buying computer stuff. Land at MIA, buy Computer Shopper, browse contents, rip interesting pages off, contact sellers, buy goods and have all shipped to my last destination.
Worked like a charm but for the AMEX card glitches. Nobody liked AMEX back in those days.

0-0

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
In the US, Superfeet should be easy to find in many brick/mortar stores in any metro area. Almost any running store will have them.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
My local CVS has a Dr. Scholl's machine you stand on to analyze your stance and pressure points. I bought a pair based on its recommendation and worked well. No more painful insteps after a long day of walking.

They are spendy though, at $60+. I'd like to find more reasonably priced alternatives, but how would I know what type fits my need? Just matching my shoe size isn't enough, right? I don't think they are one size fits all.

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You really should have your arch measured & get inserts sized by the arch length, not your overall length. I am a board certified shoe & orthotic fitter.

The number 1 selling, over the counter orthotic is a brand called Aetrex Lynco. They have many versions for different things. I also really like the Birkenstock, full-length, sport orthotics.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post