SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US Made dog collar that is not fabric or leather?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Made dog collar that is not fabric or leather? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Looking for something that is comfortable for the pup but won’t absorb anything, Won’t stink or hold bacteria, can have a name and phone number printed or embossed on it, and has a quick release buckle.
Molly has a magenta/pink fabric collar from LL Bean that is very durable but I have to wash the thing constantly to keep it from stinking.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Here you go … wife loves these. Think they might work.

https://www.orvis.com/personal...ar/3Y83-Family.html

These are made of reflective fabric. However they have other non-permeable collars available as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Check out wilderdog.com.

They have some they claim are stink proof. They're polyester coated in pvc.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Molly has a magenta/pink fabric collar from LL Bean that is very durable but I have to wash the thing constantly to keep it from stinking.

I've always used a nylon collar like these:
Hamilton Double Thick Nylon Dog Collar, Red, 20"

I've used dish-soapy water to clean them with an old toothbrush and then brushed in baking soda to cut down on odors.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Take a look at these

Tactipup

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Take a look at these

Tactipup

I have two of them. after my pup got to almost her full grown size I ordered one. A few months later, I ordered another in a different color, you know so the girl doesn't have to wear the same thing day in and day out. I was, and am very impressed with the quality of the collar.

On the second one the messed up the embroidery on the patch, I contacted them and they embroidered a new one.

On that, it's usually embroidered directly onto the collar, bur if you email them and request it as a velcro patch, they will do it for no charge.

I did so I could change the patch out.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My dog loves swimming, and I hate stinky collars, so he wears a PVC collar. They're waterproof, dirtproof, stainproof, stinkproof, etc.

Every time he gets a bath, I just take the collar off and rinse it off in the shower with him, then put it back on him once he's dry. No hassle, and no smells ever.

His current collar is made overseas, but a quick Google shows that there are Made in USA offerings for PVC dog collars out there on the interwebs.

You can't embroider/emboss a PVC collar, but I got him a custom PVC ID tag that slides onto the collar, like this:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Actually I like those so much I am going to buy a matching collar and leash set. thanks lol

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
I found this one that says handmade in NC.

https://www.ifitbarks.com/wate...vEAQYASABEgK0f_D_BwE

https://www.ifitbarks.com/wate...uick-release-buckle/

added the QR version

I think we have a winner with the QR model. We may switch her up to the violet color for this one though.

————————————————

Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:
Take a look at these

Tactipup

I have two of them. after my pup got to almost her full grown size I ordered one. A few months later, I ordered another in a different color, you know so the girl doesn't have to wear the same thing day in and day out. I was, and am very impressed with the quality of the collar.

On the second one the messed up the embroidery on the patch, I contacted them and they embroidered a new one.

On that, it's usually embroidered directly onto the collar, bur if you email them and request it as a velcro patch, they will do it for no charge.

I did so I could change the patch out.

ARman

Definitely Tactipup. They are made right up the road from me in Largo, FL.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, mrs. slosig got a collar from C4 (https://explorec4.com/collections/) which is in Georgia. I looked around and could not find anywhere where they said that they were USA made, but they say that all orders are custom and that your order will ship USPS in 3-4 days from the order. If it is coming from some other country, that is quick. You could always reach out through their "contact us" link and confirm.

They are plastic (rubberized?) and don't absorb anything. We've been really happy with Abby's collar and the girls are talking about getting ones for the other dogs.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
This woman is a member of our Greyhound group and makes excellent Martingale collars. Certainly not breed specific.

Sue's Happy Tails

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
valorwearusa.com

open disclosure, its a friends company

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
quote:
Take a look at these

Tactipup

ARman

Definitely Tactipup. They are made right up the road from me in Largo, FL.

They look pretty sweet and high speed and might actually make my lazy lab not look so lazy.
But they are nylon just like her LL Bean collar which gets nasty and smelly which I am trying to move away from.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
US Made?

https://ruffwear.com/products/confluence-collar

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fursaver collar made of brass. Excellent collar with a long life.

Posts: 1744 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
US Made?

https://ruffwear.com/products/confluence-collar

Ruffwear collars and harnesses are made in Vietnam, Taiwan, and China.

We have them only because they’re best fit and durability for our two very active Scottish Terriers. If there was a domestic source that worked as well, we’d have bought from them.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
With regard to name/ID tags, I strongly suggest looking at Road ID.

They have metal tags that slide over a dog’s collar secured by loops. The dog’s name and other information is lasered onto the tag.

Our dogs each have two tags on their collars. One tag has Name/Our Names/Address/Phone and the second tag has Name/Our Names/Vet Name and Phone/AKC Reunite number and phone.

I highly recommend them.

www.roadid.com

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I think gundogsupply.com might have what you need.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post