SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can You Find the Flaw in This Week's Grocery Store Impulse Buy?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can You Find the Flaw in This Week's Grocery Store Impulse Buy? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I'm a big jerky fan, and while shopping at my Texas grocer I bought a new to me brand of jerky. Obviously, I didn't read the package very well...

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23299 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plant based??

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Plant-based jerky." That sounds like a contradiction of terms.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soilent green is people.

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If Obviously unopened, I'd DEFINITELY return it!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8928 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm too cheap to throw it out so I ate it, and "plant based jerky" is as bad as it sounds. Weird textrure, weird taste, and I was a human gas plant all night.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23299 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I eat nothing but plant based foods, but I let the cow process them for me first.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they mean that cows eat plants so it's technically plant-based. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
Hopefully they mean that cows eat plants so it's technically plant-based. Fingers crossed.
They didn't. It was faux meat.

Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Not specifically the "jerky," but the faux meat must be selling pretty well judging by the ever-increasing space given it in the refrigerator section at the supermarket. Or could it be virtue signaling by the grocers? Probably has huge margins too. I don't see anybody much actually buying it, however.

Posts: 6496 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bovine brocolli

Cattle carrots

Steer spinach

Posts: 107680 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
Not specifically the "jerky," but the faux meat must be selling pretty well judging by the ever-increasing space given it in the refrigerator section at the supermarket. Or could it be virtue signaling by the grocers? Probably has huge margins too. I don't see anybody much actually buying it, however.

Pandering to the virtue-signaling segment of the public.

Posts: 7272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'd like to think the flaw is that plerky is as acceptable in Texas as margarine is in Wisconsin.

Posts: 7468 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Texas. Plant based. Jerky. Three words that don’t belong on the same package.

Why do those hypocrites try to mislead? Veggie burger. No I don’t think so. Veggie patty might be ok but not burger. Jerky, again no. But don’t know what to call it - cured, dried veggie strips maybe.

Wish these hypocrites would stop culinarily appropriating terms associated with meat and even other types of food.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12744 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Toferky

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I bought chlorine free bleach the other day. It was hydrogen peroxide. Maybe they should put it in a different color package.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I'm too cheap to throw it out so I ate it, and "plant based jerky" is as bad as it sounds. Weird textrure, weird taste, and I was a human gas plant all night.

Hey thanks for taking one for the team. Now we all know to avoid that at all costs.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if its "meat packing" plant based, all is well.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It clearly identifies as jerky. We all know better though.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29720 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Rhinestone cowboys hunt that shit all the time. Around the fake campfire, they argue if CB caps are too much gun, but they still eat right up to the hole. Vegan cowpunchers drives are quite boring, highlighted by Annie Oakley pantomimes.

Posts: 7468 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post