SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Batch Processing Image Conversion for .RLE and .CIT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batch Processing Image Conversion for .RLE and .CIT Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
I have a need for work to batch process thousands of images from .RLE and .CIT to say .JPG, .TIF, or even .PDF. Does anyone know of a software package that will do this? I know the .RLE and .CIT were old Intergraph and MicroStation images produced by these CAD workstations. This is what makes them a little unique as far as images are concerned.

I'd like to point to a directory and have the software search for the images of interest and if found, create a duplicate in .JPG, .TIF, etc. at that same location.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3635 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I don’t know for sure, but take a look at the companies Kofax and Abbyy. They are two of the big dogs in bulk image processing. Maybe one of their products will handle those formats, but I don’t know for sure.

Posts: 2467 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
You may be able to use Imagemagick to do this. It at least appears to support the rle file type.

Posts: 251 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post