SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    State enforces parking for people with disabilities during holidays
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

State enforces parking for people with disabilities during holidays Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
I have a handicapped tag and use it on occasion. It is needed when the walk is a long one (Costco, sporting event parking, etc). Since getting the tag I have observed handicapped parking behavior. I have watched many people (with handicapped tag) pull into a handicapped spot when an empty non-handicapped spot beside is empty. logic to me is to leave the handicapped spot free for a handicapped person.

Me too. When I go somewhere without Mrs. Flash, I never park in a handicapped spot because she's not with me even though I've got a handicapped tag on the car.

I've even had people tell me to go ahead and use the handicapped spot but I won't without her.
Pretty sure you can be ticketed if the handicapped person is not with you . In Louisiana we have a photo ID that goes along with the Handicapped plate .

Yep we have that picture ID to go with the hangtag or plate in LA. People can pass that hangtag around to other family and friends but that picture doesn't lie. We have handicap tags on our vehicles for my better half. Pisses me off when I see non handicap people using them.

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Street parking is at a premium around the USC campus. A number of years ago it was determined that the USC football team was taking up the Handicapped Spots. This was more embarassing than the usual USC scandal.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was able to write tickets for Handicapped Parking violations , I would be merciless . For people that have never had to deal with a family member in a wheelchair , you need to be thankful .

Posts: 4064 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post