SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The coolest flashlight I never knew about: The Klarus RS80
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The coolest flashlight I never knew about: The Klarus RS80 Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I read 1,000 lumens. I missed one zero.

Heck, that would make for a good pocket EDC picture.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Curious what the heat output is. I have the aforementioned Fenix, and while I love that it'll light up the neighborhood like daytime, it gets really hot in short order. I don't care for that.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's where I first saw this light. Egyptian archeology.

This appears to be a previous version of the RS80.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ordered one of these?? I ordered one on 11/25 and have a order conformation. My order has not shipped as of this am. Just wanted to check and see if any members were having issues.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have you tried contacting Klarus?

Pics of your fancy new flashlight are obligatory. Razz

Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
It shipped today. It is a Christmas gift for my GF. I will try to post pics after Christmas and give a report on how it performs. I cant wait to try it out on the farm to see how far it will light things up.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
From what I could find out everything on the Klarus web site ships out of China and they are having a few problems with supply and shipping. Roll Eyes

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, a slow boat from China.

Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Not just slow but it seems to be at anchor in ShaTian,DongGuan. Smile

posted Hide Post
I ordered one, the order was confirmed 11/26, no shipment notice as yet.

I did find a place (after I placed the order) on the website that said: "standard shipping 20-60 days.

I suspect the slow boat from China and the slow unload in Long Beach, plus USPS.

Interesting design though, I would not expect very long on 10,000 before it heats and shifts down to 5,000. That is the way that my Fenix Lights work.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered one on the 24th, received it yesterday. The battery cover is held on by small allen screws, was worried they might strip out, but was able to remove it ok. Comes with a 240 style plug in charger with 12v output. And a type C 5v charger cable. After charging for 3 hours, it indicated full charge. They indicated that they are shipped at 50% charge. Easy to use switch, and yes it's bright!

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
It reminds me of those old lantern/flashlights that ran on the big square alkaline with the springs on top. I like it.

Exactly what I was thinking. My grandpa always had those around the house for hunting.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Any comments from those of you who purchased one of these flashlights?

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Para seems to find all sorts of things to entice me to spend money on lately. First it was knives.
Since I need a good light mostly to walk my two dogs, I checked out their headlight options.
This looks like a candidate and is no where as expensive as the handheld model (as cool as that looks, I need both hand free).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P...a_maas&tag=maas&th=1

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post