SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking at a 2013 Lincoln MKX. Anyone with expierience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a 2013 Lincoln MKX. Anyone with expierience? Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Looking at purchasing a super clean 2013. Beautiful SUV. Just asking for anyones previous ownership of one. Thanks.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Not much help but the SIL/BIL have a 2015 MKX and love it. IMO that and the Edge of that time are one of my favorite body styles, the new ones a little less so.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have a 12 MKS and am very happy.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
If it's the 3.5 N/A V6, we have the same Cyclone engine in our 13 Flex. Trouble free at a bit over 100k.
I believe Lincoln was still on Sync2 in 13, very user friendly system, but IMO Sync3 is an upgrade.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Coworker had an '11 MkT and had problems with fuel pump and injectors on two occasions when it was about 4 years old.
Last repair estimate was something like $2k. He drove home that day with a new Hyundai.

He loved it up until the first repair.

YMMV

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Super clean is great but how many miles?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Wife had a 2015 MKC for about a year until a local teenager ran into her.
She loved the car, it was a perfect size for her.

After we got it repaired she traded it in on a 2017 Cadillac SRX. Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just traded in our 2011 MKX. Had it for 4 or 5 years with no issues. Wife loved it and hated to trade it in for a minivan - we just needed more space. Very comfortable, only routine maintenance done. It did have the NA V6. We previously had a 2008 MKX and was the same NA V6 with nothing else needed but oil changes, filters and brakes. I'd highly recommend one.

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
My brother has one, and has enjoyed it. He's about to get rid of it because he really needs a truck, but he hasn't had any problems in the ~5 years he's had it.

I've driven it, and while it's a little gutless, it drives very nicely other than that.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If that's the model that is very similar to the Ford Edge, I would recommend it. My Edge has been relatively trouble-free. Biggest problem to date was a rear wheel bearing, not a big deal.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wife put over 100K on her 07 Edge with no problems ever, replaced oil and tires that's it, maybe a battery.

She has a 2016 MKC, it's a bit smaller and that fits her well with the 2.0T Ecoboost it scoots. We'll probably replace it with another one at the end of the lease this year.

there is a lease deal on the 2019 MKC right now since the model is being rebadged for 2020...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
97,000. One owner ,well maintained. Not going to be used much. I live in Wisc. and we spend about 2 mos. of winter in Florida. To give you an idea , last year I rented a car for our time there and we put 325 miles on it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
97,000. One owner ,well maintained. Not going to be used much. I live in Wisc. and we spend about 2 mos. of winter in Florida. To give you an idea , last year I rented a car for our time there and we put 325 miles on it.

Renting a car might be the cheaper option if it's only for 2 months. I priced out a rental for long term and from a non-airport location it was only $600-700 a month here in Florida from the normal rental car agencies. Obviously if you need something bigger it will cost more. Versus paying someone the drive your SUV periodically and all of the maintenance.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
I live in Wisc. and we spend about 2 mos. of winter in Florida. To give you an idea , last year I rented a car for our time there and we put 325 miles on it.
Renting a car might be the cheaper option if it's only for 2 months. I priced out a rental for long term and from a non-airport location it was only $600-700 a month here in Florida from the normal rental car agencies. Obviously if you need something bigger it will cost more. Versus paying someone the drive your SUV periodically and all of the maintenance.
I was thinking the same thing. Rental would eliminate insuring and maintaining a car that would be in dead storage for ten months of the year, and you would always have a new vehicle to use here in Florida, with no worries about maintenance, theft, etc.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post