SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Electric Water Heater 40 gallons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Electric Water Heater 40 gallons Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I’d also do the work myself, as it’s not too difficult. Hardest part about a water heater is removing the anode, which takes two grown men and a cheater bar about three feet long. It’s a weird size too, 1 1/4 IIRC, you may be able to borrow the socket from a car parts place for a once a decade thing...at my old place in NC I had to replace the anode every three years. Also used anti seize so I could do it alone after that.

My Dad was an engineer and did all that himself. I was the hold it, carry it guy for a pretty tough man. I know my way around the stuff, but do lack the perceptual motor skills, and general performance ability. I am the guy who could write a report about installing the heater. I am the guy that gets advice and then hires a competent professional.
Great help here.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an A.O Smith Premium 12 year from Lowes for about 2 years now and am extremely happy with it. It has a digital display and allows you to change the temperature, put it in ECO mode, or winter mode (if you travel and live up North, it will keep it at above freezing but not hot hot) all at the press of a button. The premium has stainless steel heating elements.

Keep in mind, the new ones are slightly larger (taller and/or wider) than the ones you have. So might have to measure if they're stacked in a tight spot.

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
How much and what model number??? Thanks

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^
How much and what model number??? Thanks

Mine is a 50 gallon and $659 at Lowe's. They also make a 40 gallon and etc. It's this one

https://www.lowes.com/pd/A-O-S...er-Heater/1000657688

Posts: 21408 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Like the external controls.