SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scheduled cataract surgery... WTH?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scheduled cataract surgery... WTH? Login/Join 
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Good to hear all went well, bald1.

The pretty anesthesiologist told me the same thing prior to the second eye, that I'd be a bit more aware and I was.

Mine were done May 8 and 22 and they went well for me too. I did have the IV sedative, but was completely awake, so I had my friend wait and drive me to her house where I stayed the night. The first thing I noticed was how vivid colors were and what white actually looks like! I have readers somewhere but I don't know where because I haven't needed them since the first eye was done. And distance vision is vastly improved as well.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7261 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yes, vibrant crisp colors now which is great.
I may not need cheaters but that won't be a certainty until an additional 4-6 weeks goes by.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Turns out yes I need +2.00 for reading and my eyes are now between 20/25 and 20/30. When pressed doc said 20/27 overall with both eyes. Big Grin

My brain is working on rewiring as my left eye is dominant but my right eye is the one with a slightly different diopter for close up work. This I'm told is monovision. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Next Monday June 12 I am getting my left IOL zapped by a laser. Some people can develop a slight cloudy haze on the lens. My wife did as well. Takes about 5 minutes.
I had this in both eyes, a year or so after the cataract surgery.

The laser procedure was called a YAG capsulotomy. The actual laser zap was around a second, very fast; the majority of the two hour visit was cooling my ass in the waiting room, not at all unusual at Filutowski Eye Clinic here in central Florida.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post