SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Russian Soldier Shows How NOT To Dispose Of S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missiles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Russian Soldier Shows How NOT To Dispose Of S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missiles Login/Join 
posted
Short video:

https://twitter.com/Osinttechn.../1544682639646392321

Russian Soldier Shows How NOT To Dispose Of S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missiles

Firing a machine gun at a close-by launcher full of long-range surface-to-air missiles is a terrible idea.

BY DAN PARSONS, TYLER ROGOWAY
JUL 6, 2022 3:02 PM

"There are safe ways to dispose of potentially very hazardous military equipment, and there are other methods.

One Russian soldier seems to have taken the latter path. In the video below, he is seen in a prone position not far from an S-300 surface-to-air missile launcher, aiming at it with a PKM belt-fed machine gun. He then fires on the missiles... with predictable results..."

Complete article with the video:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-w...ti-aircraft-missiles

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
In Russia, S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missile disposes you!!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Hahaha

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Hold my vodka and watch this.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Why so close? I could hit those from 1500 yards away no problem.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I laffed myself fartless at that. Thanks!!

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Stupid hurts.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making mistakes.

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw it originally on twitter. Wow. I did get a laugh out of it.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Da! We can use leetle trees for cover! Is good!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for Yosemite Sam to show up with a smoldering cigar and scorched beard.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
AAAHAHAHA!!!

[hechosepoorly.jpg]

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It worked perfectly. The missile were rendered unusable. What's the problem?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if this is an older video from around the time of Russia's withdraw around Kyiv. The battle lines have been changing much more slowly in the past few months, and not usually so fast that Russian air defenses would have been in danger of being overrun. I'm guessing this was a breakdown or something that happened too close to the planned withdraw to be salvaged, so they opted to destroy it instead. That is one of the few time frames I can think of where there would have been lots of time pressure on an asset that doesn't need to be positioned all that close to the front to leave or risk being captured.

It probably doesn't matter if the video is older or brand new. It was just something I was thinking about after the initial shock at the massive stupidity of what was going on wore off!

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
I'm wondering if this is an older video ...

You're probably right. Robert Redford looked pretty young.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regardless, SMUD is a thing, with an official manual, do’s and donut’s.

That was a major DON’T!

I’m pretty sure the main motor on a 300 is liquid and the booster is solid.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post