SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Moving to Philly, advice from members pls
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving to Philly, advice from members pls Login/Join 
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the information. I have created a spreadsheet based on your inputs. Looking at Redfin and Zillow to check out the home prices at those neighborhoods.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
When you decide and move in, hit me up and we'll go to the range.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about Jenkinstown? Montgomery county? How is the train line there?

Posts: 695 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Devon and Bryn Mawr. If you can, it's a fantastic area to live in!

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
Many thanks for the information. I have created a spreadsheet based on your inputs. Looking at Redfin and Zillow to check out the home prices at those neighborhoods.

What is the range you're looking to spend on buying a house? That may potentially cut my town list by half.

You said you're only going to be there 18 months? Why are you buying a house then?

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Moving in 18 months at the earliest, not for 18 months. Checking the home prices just to get a feel of where and what we can afford.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:

What is the range you're looking to spend on buying a house? That may potentially cut my town list by half.

You said you're only going to be there 18 months? Why are you buying a house then?

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
Thanks OAM, I will hit you up in about 2 yrs. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
When you decide and move in, hit me up and we'll go to the range.