SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proper way to mount pencil sharpener ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proper way to mount pencil sharpener ? Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
What do you guys/gals think? I've been wanting a bigger vice in a new location anyway...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Very solid and secure. However, I'm failing to see the drill mounted on it's side powering the sharpener. You are not finished with this project yet.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
Very solid and secure. However, I'm failing to see the drill mounted on it's side powering the sharpener. You are not finished with this project yet.

Excellent suggestion. I'll have to go fetch some duct tape, bailing wire, and gorilla glue and see what I can come up with. Maybe a wire tie or two also.

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
I like when I see other creative ways to fix problems. More than one way to repair or install things ya know..

FBLM LGB!

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, I tried to save some $$$ on scope mounting rings but it didn't hold a zero very well.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15484 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks like a knuckle buster, shift it to the right and get the handle out from over the vise...

Unless you like that kinda stuff....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It's about time we discussed planetary sharpeners!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
You don't have a pocket knife?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You might want to stock up on pencils, when y'all get that drill motor hooked up to the sharpener.

Jus' sayin' Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Looks like a knuckle buster, shift it to the right and get the handle out from over the vise...

^^^^ Listen to HRK. He speaks the truth...

This one is as around as old as me, 65, I grew up with it screwed to the stairs to the basement and used it often. I "stole" it when we auctioned off the home after my Dad passed. I had it on a cabinet in the garage until I rearranged last year and it now sits in limbo until I find a suitable permanent place again.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That brings back memories. My dad had one like that mounted in our basement growing up.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got one screwed to an 8x8 upright in my pole-shed/garage. That's just about sturdy enough.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't used a pencil or sharpener in years.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
It's about time we discussed planetary sharpeners!

Funny, I had to look that up. I did not know that is what the guts were called. Ya learn something new every day on here. Thanks.

FBLM LGB!

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have several of those old vintage American made pencil sharpeners. They still work far better than any chinese made piece of junk offered for sale today.

I still use a pencil. I can't explain why but there's just something satisfying about writing and working problems with one. It feels good in the hand.

I even have a couple of those old electric powered pencil sharpeners, also made in the USA.

Posts: 11847 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have a pencil sharpener just like that. Funny thing is, I only recently mounted it. I had it in a cabinet in my garage and would anchor it to my bench with a clamp when I wanted to sharpen a pencil. Only a couple months ago did I mount it to the side of a cabinet.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I use one of those single bladed twist the pencil pencil sharpeners. The shavings make wonderful kindling.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
My dust collectors, a Berol Giant and a 3-hole punch. If they didn't collect it, the dust would be on something else. Shoot

Posts: 4701 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The base should be mounted on a vertical surface with the handle aft.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I use a reel sharpener ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post