SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Great ! experiance with a lady at the newspaper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great ! experiance with a lady at the newspaper Login/Join 
posted
I go on and on about great amounts of dissatisfaction when dealing with people I am
trying to give money too, on a regular basis.

I've come to believe that I was the problem, it's my fault.
( I must sound like a broken record)

Well mark this day on your calendar,

On Thursday I drove 200 miles round trip to put an ad in a Cedar Rapids newspaper, to place a couple of In Memoriam , Remembrance's for a relative .

The young lady that was there to assist me was polite , had a great sense of humor.

She was very helpful , very articulate , she knew who and how to call for questions she could not answer.

No one had to come and show her how to do anything, her computer did not go down.

She did not ! use one "bridge" word , the whole time!

When I handed her cash in payment , she knew how to make change .

I was enthralled by her level of competency and I told her that this was the most pleasant
exchange that I've had in years, she said her experience was lovely as well.

I left the office loving life and walking on a wee bit of air.
THIS ! is how life should work.

I will look forward to dealing with Christina next year when additional ads will need to be placed.

The whole thing only took an hour

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it when I have one of those experiences.
I ran into competence the other day buying a new big arse tv at Fry's after experiencing almost expected stupidity at Best Buy.
They are out there, but you almost have to be a truffle dog to find em sometimes!

Posts: 912 | Location: Tucker, Ga. | Registered: June 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A kind word to her boss is always welcome.

Posts: 17534 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awhile back I took a large amount of scrap metal to a scrap yard for money. While I was there several employees helped me with sorting and gave me tips on how I could make more money next time I was there.

When I was leaving I asked to see the manager. You could tell he really didn't want to talk to me but did come over. When I told him about my positive experience you could see the relief on his face. He said normally people want to complain about something. I told him that when I have a problem I am the first one to bitch, so when I have a good experience it's only right that I mention that as well.

Jim

Posts: 1341 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
I agree with ZSMICHAEL and Pal. Please consider giving her positive feedback based upon your experience. Many times, the only feedback people give is negative.

It is great to hear you had such a pleasant experince!

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2082 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKg3:
I agree with ZSMICHAEL and Pal. Please consider giving her positive feedback based upon your experience. Many times, the only feedback people give is negative.

Having once been in customer service myself, I too try to let a supervisor/manager know when I've received great service.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please consider giving her positive feedback based upon your experience.

It will be done , rest assured.

but I am waiting to see if what I paid for is actually accomplished, to my satisfaction.

( if I were 40 years younger I'd be asking her dad for her hand in marriage )

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was she hot? Smile

Posts: 5032 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of great folks in Cedar Rapids that still take pride in their job and try to do their best for the customer. Unfortunately we are having a major influx of thugs from the Second City that tend to be pulling the statistics down in a major way. I wish Iowa would enact a 90 day waiting period for social benefits (entitlements) similar to surrounding states. That might at least begin to stem this tide of losers that have run their time out on other states welfare systems. Or maybe we could just tell them how nice and accepting it is in Iowa City and they would move where they are more wanted.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2949 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Was she hot? Smile

At 60 y.o. , I've forgotten what "Hot " is,

she was on the "I'd marry her for the rest of my life " spectrum

posted Hide Post
Well the first ad ran great in the paper newspaper, but , got bunged up in the on line ad.

four phone calls and 35 minutes on the phone got me in touch with the supervisors boss, who said that they would re-run both the paper ad and the on line ad , next wednesday at no additional charge