SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh Alexa, Behave!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh Alexa, Behave! Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Do any of you Alexa Echo Dot users have any tips or solutions to force the Echo Dot to connect and register to my Amazon account? I have read all the ever-so-helpful internet pages I care to, and have not received a reply from Amazon.

Situation -- Echo Dot -- 2 Dec 17 purchase -- worked until my wife touched it. I am serious.

Now, even after a factory reset operation, the hockey puck won't register to my account.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Did you check your online Amazon account to see if it is registered, and to whom? You can de-register it from there and re-register....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was a gift, it will be registered to the person who bought it for you. That happened to us when our son bought an Echo for us. I had to call Amazon's customer service to get it corrected.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post