SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon DocuSeries - The Killdozer
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon DocuSeries - The Killdozer Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Another one of those.. I don't condone what he did, but I can certainly understand why he did it.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
There is a similar situation brewing in the town where I live. Without going into great details they won't let a commercial buiding owner establish water and sewer on an adjacent commercially zoned property because a private property owner doesn't want to see the land developed.

quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
I regularly encounter people and government employees (usually state, often city) who make similar choices in collusion with their friends and family business owners to oppress and outright steal from land owners perceived to be less important or powerful. A favorite sentiment in Alaska, and one I picked up in the series..."they're not from here, they don't know how we do things here". Makes my blood boil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SgtGold,

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Funny. I watched the 1974 Killdozer on TV in ‘74. Forgot all about it until 2019. I searched it on YouTube and watched it again for nostalgia.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29702 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It was an ABC Movie of the Week. I watched it with my family when it aired in '74.

Posts: 107604 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I was a yungun in 74, I might have seen it, probably did, don't remember it probably look better on my 60 inch El Gee Tee Vee!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember this at all for some reason. I went to look it up on Netflix but I couldn’t find it?

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I went to look it up on Netflix but I couldn’t find it?

Were you searching "Killdozer"?

If so, the title of the film is "Tread". Try that.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guy who ultimately buys the property from him ($400k) had water/sewer the same week, but Marv wouldn't/couldn't get it done in years.

This, in spades.

I at first thought the man was being bullied by all involved, could see myself getting worked up like Heemeyer, but the more research I did on him via various online sources the more I think that he was a wackadoo with a Napoleon complex.

People don't like being told no, or being told that they need to do A, B, and C to accomplish D. If they FEEL like they are being slighted, then they believe that they are being slighted. Once they believe that, it's usually game over.

One of my guilty pleasures is watching the re-enactment show "Fear Thy Neighbor". It's amazing how many people shoot, stab, set fire, or maim their neighbors over shit like cutting down tree limbs, or having too many parties. One dude wiped out an entire family, Mother, kids, even the dog because they used his boat dock.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most people bitch and complain about the gov't, but ultimately comply. Marvin Heemeyer got even. I'm sure the deeper you dig into the facts, if you can find them, the less sympathetic he comes, but it's still an epic story of a little guy fighting back on its face.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
It often seems like whatever the government is doing or requiring is wrong or unreasonable (heck, sometimes it probably is), but I find that the more I focus on what I want to accomplish and what I need to do to get to that end goal (instead of worrying about how I think “it ought to be”) the better luck o have getting across the finish line. I guess sometimes you just have to decide if you want to bitch (or fight) about how things should be or get your stuff done and move on. I’ll admit to more than once being tempted toward the former before landing on the latter...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
if you have a library card, it's on hoopla.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Watched the documentary, Tread (who came up with that stupid name?) last night. I thought I understood the course of events and all the wrongs done Marv Heemeyer. Instead I watched a guy descend further and further into mental illness. Sad story.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My wife and I wanted to know how Marv sealed himself into that tractor.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the impression once he drove the tractor under the lift and lowered it onto the tractor frame, he wasn’t coming out. Even if he wanted to.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the documentary yesterday and agree it was a sad story. Listening to his taped story detailing his belief that God wanted him to go on his rampage suggested to me that his grip on reality was loosening steadily. Once he convinced himself that people and government entities were out to get him, he saw more and more evidence of his persecution everyday. I can't say there was not some personal bias against him by other actors in the story but I'm not convinced it was as bad as he thought. It sounds like he was offered a good amount of money for his property, on a couple occasions, which would have allowed him to leave for greener pastures. He seemed bent on pursuing his vendetta rather than taking the more sensible path out of his unhappiness. Sad for everybody. Amazing no one else was killed.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
I watched the documentary yesterday and agree it was a sad story. Listening to his taped story detailing his belief that God wanted him to go on his rampage suggested to me that his grip on reality was loosening steadily. Once he convinced himself that people and government entities were out to get him, he saw more and more evidence of his persecution everyday. I can't say there was not some personal bias against him by other actors in the story but I'm not convinced it was as bad as he thought. It sounds like he was offered a good amount of money for his property, on a couple occasions, which would have allowed him to leave for greener pastures. He seemed bent on pursuing his vendetta rather than taking the more sensible path out of his unhappiness. Sad for everybody. Amazing no one else was killed.

I watched it yesterday as well. I commented earlier in this thread how he seemed like a decent guy who got the shaft, but agree with your thoughts after learning more. His perception of reality definitely seemed to get more and more skewed as time went along. As I mentioned earlier though, he definitely misinterpreted the Bible, or possibly just bent what he read to fit his own desire for revenge. It really is a shame. He seemed to be right on the verge of having everything he could have wanted.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Browndrake:
He seemed to be right on the verge of having everything he could have wanted.
The show even said something to that tune. To paraphrase, "he had succeeded in turning $42,000 into $400,000 in a dozen years"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23263 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I went to look it up on Netflix but I couldn’t find it?

Were you searching "Killdozer"?

If so, the title of the film is "Tread". Try that.
Yep that's it. Thanks!

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
By the time they offered him the $400k he was already gone mentaly.

As much as it appears on a superficial level to be a great revenge story, this guy could have killed a shit ton of innocent people, especially with the propane. Something broke in his mind, a shame because so many looked at him as a good man before he snapped.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
By the time they offered him the $400k he was already gone mentaly.

As much as it appears on a superficial level to be a great revenge story, this guy could have killed a shit ton of innocent people, especially with the propane. Something broke in his mind, a shame because so many looked at him as a good man before he snapped.

Marv looked at it as revenge but what did he really do? I would assume insurance would ave paid for the businesses he tore down. They would lose money while tearing down and rebuilding but it does not look like it really hurt anyone. He died just to be able to plow over their buildings. I guess his goal was to destroy the town and he failed at that. I'm sure there wa some good ole boy type of things going on since I think two of the guys that were his friends confirmed but honestly I am sure that goes on in my town. He lost it and when he stated God wanted him to do this it confirmed that. He had mental issues. But, I did find the rampage amusing although when he tried hurting people (by shooting or even running into the buildings without making sure there was nobody inside) it showed his real mental state.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post