SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How many motorcycle guys can relate to this?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many motorcycle guys can relate to this? Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
From the house to Walmart by truck is about 7 miles, by motorcycle it's about 60. Maybe more depending on the weather. I can totally relate with your day.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3635 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
That's not just a motorcycle thing. I do that all the time in my car.

I think I'm going to do that tomorrow in the truck. I'm this close to the quarter-million mile mark. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13854 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot relate...I have not had time to get my bike fired up and cleaned to and taken out yet and am upset that I have not. It may be another week or so.
Glad you are having fun like that.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Yes I can relate. A Jeep CJ7 with no top or doors will meander like that too.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The map is not for seeing where you are going, but to see where you have been. I had a wonderful week like that on a motorcycle about 20 years ago.

Posts: 438 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Return trip looks about right but why the direct route there? Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7259 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I use to take my daughter to church 3 miles from the house, never made it home before time to pick her. Or going the 60 to 100 miles out of the way to rider Palomar Man or Borrego grade on the way home from work.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3721 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Those are the rides I think about all Winter long.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6941 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I once got up and decided to take a ride and grab some lunch. I ended up in Little Rock Ar. I called my wife and let her know I'd be a little late when I hit Texas...

Posts: 2652 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yepp! I had some errands to run that should have taken 25 minutes. My SV650 has new Dunlop Q3 tires that need to be broken in so......One hour later I get a machine gun blast full of texts and missed calls from the wife wondering where the hell I was at. I took the long way home. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I forget where I live sometimes too

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I rode from Minneapolis to Fargo on a whim and a Suzuki GS650G one Saturday morning, stopped for a hamburger at lunch, and rode back. It was about 250 miles round trip.

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I worked the second shift and got off work at 10PM, sometimes it took me over three hours and about 150 miles to get home on the motorcycle.

Took just 20 minutes (13 miles) to ride to work.

So, yeah, I can relate to that photo.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post