SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ohhh, to be in College again. Go XAVIER!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohhh, to be in College again. Go XAVIER! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I was "studying" Wink at Xavier in 2004 when they made their first ever Elite Eight appearance. What a blast it was. The Sweet 16 and Elite 8 were held in Atlanta for that region and my buddies and I made one heck of a road trip! Had seats in the 1st row under the basket. I have been to countless sporting events in my life and have never felt the energy of a crowd like that. Xavier fans took over Atlanta that weekend and it was a blast.
I was an Audio/Video technician for Xavier's arena so I worked pretty closely with the players and coaches which made the experience that much more fun.
We lost to Duke just barely at the buzzer but I was ready to roll if they won already had my room reserved in San Antonio for the next round.
Last week when Xavier beat FSU my buddy I went to Atlanta was calling to see if we were road tripping it. Boy have the times changed, I asked whose minivan are we taking?
Sure would love to be there!!

Go Xavier!!!!!!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Xavier was impressive last night, regretably they beat my 'Cats. Xavier is a very good team.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Being a UC grad, its hard to take. But the reality is X has much better coaching. If they had the recruits UC gets, they'd be at the top every year.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleAdobe:
Xavier was impressive last night, regretably they beat my 'Cats. Xavier is a very good team.

Many long faces this morning in Tucson.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post