SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California May Tax Text Messages
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California May Tax Text Messages Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
It would be interesting to see how they would implement this tax.

If they succeed in implementing the tax, they will have to involve virtually every carrier that does business in the state. All of these businesses would have to impose the tax on residents and the equivalent of a roaming fee to outsiders.

I don’t believe that it will ever happen- logistically, it will be a nightmare, but if it gets off the ground I cannot wait for the lawsuits to begin. Think of all the people living just across state lines that will be taxed by virtue of signal bleed. Commiefirnia will lose more in litigation than they will take in.

These were pretty much my thoughts as well. The cost of implementing the tax woulld exceed any revenue generated.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3852 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I love it! Mostly because it won’t affect me and it will tax the liberals that voted these asshats into office. I suggest that the tax include incoming texts, so all of us outside the state can text all of the liberals making their texts assist the poor. For all of the conservatives that are caught in the trap, get the FUCK out of that Shit Hole of a state.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
I love it! Mostly because it won’t affect me and it will tax the liberals that voted these asshats into office.<snip>

Apparently you didn’t read my post at the bottom of page 3.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Meh. For 2 reasons: 1. I don't live in California; 2. I don't text and never have.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
I love it! Mostly because it won’t affect me and it will tax the liberals that voted these asshats into office.<snip>

Apparently you didn’t read my post at the bottom of page 3.

Nope I did not see that post, they will find some other way to add to the purse. Maybe taxing the use of double layered toilet paper. They are going broke, and desperate to fill the coffers!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've always had a love/hate relationship with California and lately the love really hasn't been there. I usually have to travel to what used to be the Olympic Training Center in San Diego at least twice a year. It seems every trip there's something new to annoy me; cancer warnings on the doors to the archery center, paying for plastic bags at the stop and rob, the gas pump stickers that show how much per gallon in taxes I'm paying when I fill up. I can't wait for this summer when I have to fly in and most likely rent a car to see what the taxes are on the rental car.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11768 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a news report I saw they are going to give up on this text message tax. Apparetly it's illegal under some sort of regulation

that text messages are protected like emails/instant messages so they are unable to tax them legally.

This is a sign of relief why should working class people have to pay more taxes so lazy ass bums can get more free stuff from the

government.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
They didn't stop this non-sense because it's a stupid idea that would cost more than it would generate in revenue... they only stopped it because it's illegal under federal regulations and they can't get away with it.

California lawmakers are a whole different breed of stupid.

quote:
If they succeed in implementing the tax, they will have to involve virtually every carrier that does business in the state. All of these businesses would have to impose the tax on residents and the equivalent of a roaming fee to outsiders.

I don’t believe that it will ever happen- logistically, it will be a nightmare, but if it gets off the ground I cannot wait for the lawsuits to begin. Think of all the people living just across state lines that will be taxed by virtue of signal bleed. Commiefirnia will lose more in litigation than they will take in.

These were pretty much my thoughts as well. The cost of implementing the tax woulld exceed any revenue generated.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post