SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Armed robbery next door last night.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armed robbery next door last night. Login/Join 
Picture of Pistolria
posted
This happened at my next door neighbors last night about 6:30. I heard someone screaming and when I got outside she was in the driveway crying hysterically. They scumbags ran through my yard to a waiting car. I just missed them. Be careful out there folks!

https://www.news4jax.com/news/...se-as-amazon-driver/

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
As much as you might think it sucks that you were too late it’s probably best off for everyone, except maybe them, that you didn’t engage.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7517 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who writes this crap?? The two Gentlemen. Really?

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Pretty brazen

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Who writes this crap?? The two Gentlemen. Really?
Yeah, I can’t believe they assumed their genders.

Posts: 45565 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apf383:
As much as you might think it sucks that you were too late it’s probably best off for everyone, except maybe them, that you didn’t engage.

I'm OK missing them other than I wish could have gotten look at them for the police. No one was hurt next door which is the best part!

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn things have gone to $#%^& all over. Used to live in Ponte Vedra Beach just south of this crap when stationed at Mayport. Jax and the Beaches were nice and relatively crime free. But that was 4 decades ago.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
"He told the woman who answered the door she needed to sign for it ... "

Oh. Really? Amazon routinely tosses packages from 3-8' away. NEVER asks for signatures.

As far as engaging, the local police have rePEATedly told me not to approach or engage. Call 911. Guess I've been on their radar after the _______ incident. Wink

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
(good thing Aaron was standing in the street, otherwise the story would had no credibility. Roll Eyes

Posts: 21381 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Damn things have gone to $#%^& all over. Used to live in Ponte Vedra Beach just south of this crap when stationed at Mayport. Jax and the Beaches were nice and relatively crime free. But that was 4 decades ago.

This was on 1st Street 2 blocks north of PVB. Great and safe? neighborhood... This is totally out of character for the area.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I was in PVB during the days when the TPC course was being built. It was almost in my backyard. Big Grin

A friend took pictures of the home we lived in back then when in the area a few years back. That whole area has exploded from 4 decades ago. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Same thing just happened a week or two ago. Two men in Amazon clothing. I wonder if it's related?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I can’t believe they assumed their genders.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL good one

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
........I just missed them..........

Get ye more range time!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why were the neighbors targeted? What were they expecting to get by robbing them?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Why were the neighbors targeted? What were they expecting to get by robbing them?

Talking to the cops, it sounds like they had been staking the house out. Owners were out of town and a pet sitter was staying there. It's also a pretty new house and lots of workers have been there lately on warranty work, so maybe from that. But the way their front entry is set up, it looks like it was easy for the second guy to hide out of sight. The front door is behind a gate and side entry so blocked from the street.

the news locusts are back again trying to get info, 3rd time today...

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:

the news locusts are back again trying to get info, 3rd time today...

whatever happens don't even think about talking to them. Don't even nod at them. Don't even go outside.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
the news locusts are back again trying to get info, 3rd time today.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Remember to give them an over the top emotional account and maybe you will make the ten oclock news. LOL

posted Hide Post
Radioman is correct. I was just being sarcastic. You dont want your mug on the Tube.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't even go outside.

Not even to check hall passes? Smile

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post