SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I’m Not a Tennis Fan, But...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m Not a Tennis Fan, But... Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
My wife is, and watches the major tournaments religiously. The finals match at Wimbledon between Federer and Djokovic is a war and worth turning on—right now!

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're a tennis fan.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
36 Grand Slam titles between the two of them?

Shooo-wee Mama.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
That was the best match I've seen in a long time.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2089 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You're a tennis fan.

It's like, "Not for me, but I'm asking this for a friend". Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26418 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
You're a tennis fan.

yeah, probably

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I worked on a monster photoshoot/video with Djokovic a couple of years ago. He had the personality of a rock.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
So, who won?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The rock.

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
That match was epic.

My ex-wife was a big tennis fan, and I don't follow it but I had brunch today and it was on the TV. I can appreciate a good match when I see one.

That was one for the ages.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I don't follow tennis. Last week we were in a building and they had it on. I forget the players name but it was his 100th Wimbelton match??? Hope I have that right.I apologize but that was the most boring thing I've ever seen. Hit the ball and once and awhile the other guy hit it back. Then they'd wipe the sweat . Tap balls on the ground. Walk around abit. Adjust their shirt or shorts. Then repeat. Every so often they hit the ball back and forth twice. Worse than baseball or golf. All I could think is how do people follow this sport?

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Cant take all the grunting.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
I don't follow tennis. Last week we were in a building and they had it on. I forget the players name but it was his 100th Wimbelton match??? Hope I have that right.I apologize but that was the most boring thing I've ever seen. Hit the ball and once and awhile the other guy hit it back. Then they'd wipe the sweat . Tap balls on the ground. Walk around abit. Adjust their shirt or shorts. Then repeat. Every so often they hit the ball back and forth twice. Worse than baseball or golf. All I could think is how do people follow this sport?

Tennis is a lot more enjoyable if you've ever played any type of racquet sport ever. Hell, even ping pong or a good video game gives you enough to be able to appreciate the strategy and skill involved.

I thought tennis was boring as heck until college when I started playing racquetball and pong pong. I'm not a die hard but I will try to catch grand slam finals when I can and they are usually very enjoyable.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
You're a tennis fan.

That's what I need. I'm inconsolable right now.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
was an epic match no doubt. i told my wife if it were boxing and the score looked like that i'd be wondering if Djokovic threw a couple of rounds.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It was a great match and matchup.
I was pullin' for Federer but it is what it is.
I used to be into Tennis big time many years ago as youth (played on HS team and then college).
Slowly drifted away when the Golf bug bit me - bigtime.
But the match was enjoyable.

Posts: 22915 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only sport I watch on tv is women’s beach volleyball. I find it entertaining...

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1129 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
The only sport I watch on tv is women’s beach volleyball. I find it entertaining...

Riiight...you watch it for the "articles".

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Epic Tennis match. I also like Women's Volleyball.

Posts: 28 | Location: MS | Registered: May 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post