Merry Christmas brother. I hope he is surrounded by those that love him.
"Practice like you want to play in the game"
September 23, 2026, 08:22 PM
Speedbird
Dang! Busey is looking ruuuuufffff. Maybe he did that rehab show a few years too late and the past is catching up to him.
September 23, 2026, 10:38 PM
CPD SIG
This is your brain.
Gary Busey is your brain on drugs, alcohol and a motorcycle wreck.
______________________________________________________________________ "When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"
“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
September 23, 2026, 11:14 PM
911Boss
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG: This is your brain.
Gary Busey is your brain on drugs, alcohol and a motorcycle wreck.
Forgot the curb’s contribution…
What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???
September 24, 2026, 03:08 AM
OKCGene
Hmmmmm. Coincidentally he was born in Goose Creek TX in 1944. Now he’s 82.
Quote: “The 1988 Accident The Crash: On December 4, 1988, Busey crashed his Harley-Davidson without wearing a helmet and fractured his skull. Brain Damage: The impact and subsequent emergency surgery caused permanent damage, particularly affecting his left frontal lobe, which controls impulse and judgment. Behavioral Changes: Psychiatrists and specialists later noted that the injury weakened his mental filters, leading to his impulsive behavior and eccentric public persona.”
September 24, 2026, 05:00 AM
blueye
I really enjoyed him as Buddy Holly.
September 24, 2026, 05:50 AM
Patriot
I don’t know which is sadder, him or the person filming that and putting it out into the world.
_____________________________ Pledge allegiance or pack your bag! The problem with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money. - Margaret Thatcher Spread my work ethic, not my wealth
September 24, 2026, 07:22 AM
lastmanstanding
He was a decent character actor in his day. I think it was in an episode of Gunsmoke where he played a cowboy who broke horses. He got thrown from a horse and hit his head. He died of a brain injury in that episode.
"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
September 24, 2026, 07:36 AM
TexasScrub
I don't work on January 8th... because that's Elvis' birthday!
DC Cab circa 1983
___________________________ He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.
September 24, 2026, 08:44 AM
Graniteguy
I am sending that one out this December !
He has become a very good motorcycle helmet salesman.
September 24, 2026, 08:58 AM
HRK
He was good in Lethal Weapon as Mr.Joshua.... Point Break with Keanu Reeves, did a great bad guy in Under Siege as Mr. Krill the lunatic XO
Shame this has happened to him
September 24, 2026, 09:22 AM
darthfuster
Age, substances and brain injury. Sad, but none of us remain in our prime. Too bad too. I was hawt in my prime…….lol
You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
September 24, 2026, 10:15 AM
TigerDore
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene: Hmmmmm. Coincidentally he was born in Goose Creek TX in 1944. Now he’s 82...
Yet he is still here, nearly 4 decades later. He must have some of those Keith Richards/Willie Nelson genes.
September 24, 2026, 11:35 AM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot: I don’t know which is sadder, him or the person filming that and putting it out into the world.
Busey is having fun in that clip. Your sympathy is misplaced.
The man has always been a goofball.
Busey appeared on Letterman several times and my favorite story he told was about his time on his uncle's farm, where his job was to keep Charlie the goat from penetrating the hogs.
September 24, 2026, 05:41 PM
TMats
I haven’t watched every appearance yet, but I did watch all of the show that included the goat story. He was funny, charming, and appeared to be, not just lucid, but sharp.
_______________________________________________________ despite them
September 24, 2026, 06:44 PM
TigerDore
He is laughing, but I think he is trying to impart a little wisdom. The geese will let you know they are overhead, or about to be, and you may want to take cover, unless you're into being bombed by loosy-goosey poop.
.
September 24, 2026, 08:06 PM
egregore
He's probably pulling our legs, at least partially.
Adam Westing: So much so that this trope could even be renamed after Gary instead. He seems to have no issue whatsoever lustily embracing his eccentric image and mining it for humor.
quote:
Cloud Cuckoolander: His public image is most definitely this.
quote:
Large Ham: Absolutely. It just isn't a Gary Busey performance if there aren't teethmarks left in the scenery afterwards. Especially when he plays bad guys.
September 24, 2026, 08:25 PM
Dzozer
'veritas non verba magistri'
September 25, 2026, 03:31 AM
ruger357
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub: I don't work on January 8th... because that's Elvis' birthday!
DC Cab circa 1983
I didn’t watch the clip because it would probably just make me feel bad for him but January 8 is my birthday too! I’m always amazed that so many people know instantly that it’s Elvis’ birthday