SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why Every American Should Care That Diesel Prices Are Surging Across The Country
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Every American Should Care That Diesel Prices Are Surging Across The Country Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Well when we have to rebuild society in a few hundred years because of the failed GREEN policies… All that oil in the ground will be usedful again.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Get ready to see fuel surcharges on everything going forward that relies on a truck, so basically everything. Confused My trash company tacked on a $10 one last year and I fully expect to see it increased on my next bill.

Posts: 33867 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And it begins Frown

Major truckstop chains Loves and Pilot warning about imminent diesel shortages in the eastern half of the US

If truckers can't get fuel to deliver food and goods, we are fucked. Thanks Brandon!

Link

Posts: 33867 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In October (after prices had started going up but not where they are now) I did a coast to coast trip. It was between $750 to 850 in diesel, can't remember exact amount, that was total for both ways. Same trip currently, so far just one way so far, $1010! 2nd half still to go Frown

Tony

Posts: 316 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Grand daughters husband hauls liquid co2 for a company to company’s in the region. He asked his boss what the company’s say about the extra charge for the higher Diesel cost.He said they justpass the extra charge to the next guy. Also the local refinery is using the extra money coming in to revamp and modernize the refinery.They plan to spend over a Billion dollars for that.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NYC Billionaire Catsimatidis Warns of Looming East Coast Diesel Rationing

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...FySqwNVAC1CD5O4fKmg-

“I wouldn’t be surprised to see diesel being rationed on the East Coast this summer,” Catsimatidis, CEO of United Refining Co., said in a phone interview. “Right now inventories are low and we may see a shortage in coming months.”

East Coast stockpiles of the fuel have fallen to the lowest in data going back to 1990. National inventories stand at the lowest in 17 years as the US has become the world’s diesel supplier of choice. Fuel markets have been in disarray since growing bans against Russian products restricted one of Europe’s main suppliers of energy. With exports draining US tanks, the East Coast is feeling the pinch most acutely due to a lack of sufficient fuelmaking capacity there.

Consumers are already feeling the squeeze. Diesel prices have risen for the past 16 straight days and hit a new record of $5.553 a gallon Tuesday, according to the American Automobile Association. Gasoline prices rose to a new record of $4.404 a gallon.

Fuel supplies are tight across the country after refineries mothballed plants during the pandemic when fuel demand was decimated by stay-at-home orders. The East Coast suffered a particular blow after Philadelphia Energy Solutions permanently closed its refinery, which supplied the entire East Coast, in 2019 following an explosion.

Companies are already working around the tight diesel market in order to keep trucks on the road. Pilot Flying J Inc., which operates a chain of truck stops, adopted a contingency plan to keep certain East Coast markets fully supplied, according to Brad Jenkins, senior vice president of supply and distribution. The company is “taking additional actions to secure extra supply and mobilize our fleet to deliver diesel to areas facing tight availability, such as Virginia and Georgia,” he said.

Gasoline inventories have also fallen as US refineries maximized diesel production this spring to meet the world’s sudden shortfall. However, Catsimatidis, whose company owns and operates 350 gas stations, doesn’t expect gasoline to be scarce, just very expensive.

“Drivers will pay the highest gasoline prices ever paid for Memorial Day,” Catsimatidis said. Travel during the holiday, he said, should surpass numbers seen last year.

Posts: 12737 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you got it, a truck brought it.

Posts: 968 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
PA Turnpike sign east posted "No Diesel" at the rest stop before Valley Forge.................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
PA Turnpike sign east posted "No Diesel" at the rest stop before Valley Forge.................

Shit, so it’s already begun Mad

LET’S GO BRANDON!

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by satch:
Also the local refinery is using the extra money coming in to revamp and modernize the refinery.They plan to spend over a Billion dollars for that.
Unlikely to be related as that's not how capitol budgeting works in a refinery.

Expansion plans take years to progress through design, procurement, fabrication, construction, and then the tie-ins (i.e. connect new stuff to existing stuff) typically take place during a planned turnaround in the off-season.

In other words, nobody is sitting around waiting for some global upset with a "shovel ready" refinery expansion.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23314 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post