SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use an assault runner?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use an assault runner? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I’ve used the assault bike many times in CrossFit and HIIT trainings, but is the treadmill free running or does it provide resistance?

I’m like a 5-10 mile a day runner when I’m on my game and I don’t wanna be doing that against resistance.

Is it a comfortable run? I think it’ll help my wife with her sore knees running.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6335 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used two different versions of a treadmill at the Workout Anytime in Cary, NC.

I think they were a version of an assault runner but under a different name brand.

One was completely athlete-powered, where you controlled your stride, speed and output. It also had a feature to mimic running with a parachute.

The other one mimicked pushing a sled or a wheel barrel.

They killed me but I was just beginning rehab with my 4th PT for my back.

I think if I could have used them after all the brutal training sessions with my last PT I would have been fine.

Even though I was hurt and had the machine on the lowest setting I still thought there was some resistance.

I never was a big runner especially not 5-10 miles a day. Even at my best which was pre-hernia and when I was getting ready to re-enlist after a 17 year break, I was running 5-7 every other day.

I am going to do some more research.
I have this nagging feeling that they may not be the same.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post