SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a FFL in Mecklenburg County, NC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a FFL in Mecklenburg County, NC Login/Join 
Picture of Anarion
posted
and hoping the SigForum brain trust can be of assistance.

I will be sending my niece a Sig P225. She's got her permit to purchase a handgun, and would like to get a CCW.

Unfortunately, the FFL at the range is telling her that I must use a FFL to send to him and hiding behind the ol' "It's federal law" canard that I must do so. Would hate to reward this BS....so can you hook a brother up?

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I'm in Mecklenburg. I'll ask around.

Johnny M

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... this might be of assistance:

http://www.fflregistry.com/Search-FFL-By-ZIP/

Enter the City or ZIP code and click search.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
If she doesn't currently have a CCW, she will need to acquire a purchase permit from the Mecklenberg County Sheriff before any FFL will surrender the pistol to her....

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I am not in Mecklenburg, rather Guilford. There are a ton of FFL's in the Charlotte area however. But if they are like all of the ones here that I have used in the last several years, they will not accept shipments from individuals. You would likely save money by using an FFL on your end anyway.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be looking too after a falling out with my current one. Don't go to Bullmoose guns unless you want it to ship 7 days after you dropped it off. Read below

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2160042224

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

CQB60, as noted she's already gotten her permit to purchase.

I do not understand the bullshit about requiring a shipment from an FFL. I've never had to do so in the past...and I'll be inquiring of her FFL why he is deliberately mis-stating the law?

On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
+1 980-201-9003
Heritage gun shop
7704 Mathews mint hill rd
Mint Hill NC 28227

This is recommended by an instructor I know here. To send any hand gun it has to be ffl to ffl.
It is federal law.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haveme1or2:
+1 980-201-9003
Heritage gun shop
Mint Hill NC 28227

This is recommended by an instructor I know here. To send any hand gun it has to be ffl to ffl.
It is federal law to send lower. Exception is long guns

Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
ask where she took her CCW class. Most of those guys are FFLs. The guy I use is in Monroe, if she wants to drive down there Last time I used him he charged me $20 to transfer the gun.

Take Aim Training
3411-B Pageland Hwy
Monroe NC

http://takeaimtrainingrange.wildapricot.org/

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
To send any hand gun it has to be ffl to ffl.
It is federal law.

That's not true. Maybe you are confusing it with the requirement that a non-FFL has to use a common carrier rather than USPS.

https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/unlicensed-persons

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the reference Haveme1or2 & Armedprof... I'm waiting for her to send me the info on the FFL/range at which she's a member - I'd like to have a word with them.

quote:
To send any hand gun it has to be ffl to ffl.
It is federal law.

That is a mis-statement of federal law.

from the ATF FAQ section:

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

a nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a)(5), 922(e) and (f); 27 CFR 478.30 and 478.31]

Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
+1 980-201-9003
Heritage gun shop
Mint Hill NC 28227

It is federal law.

Heritage is no longer in business.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I'm going to be looking too after a falling out with my current one. Don't go to Bullmoose guns unless you want it to ship 7 days after you dropped it off. Read below

I'm surprised by your experiences, Dusty. Bull Moose has become my go to place for transfers. They've always done right by me. And they are only minutes away from my house, and offer discounted transfers to members of the local shooting forum.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
and hoping the SigForum brain trust can be of assistance.

I will be sending my niece a Sig P225. She's got her permit to purchase a handgun, and would like to get a CCW.

Unfortunately, the FFL at the range is telling her that I must use a FFL to send to him and hiding behind the ol' "It's federal law" canard that I must do so. Would hate to reward this BS....so can you hook a brother up?

What part of Mecklenburg County? That will help with giving options that are closer to your niece.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Good deal, shoot me an email if she encounters an issue or needs a place to shoot..
quote:
Originally posted by Anarion:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

CQB60, as noted she's already gotten her permit to purchase.

I do not understand the bullshit about requiring a shipment from an FFL. I've never had to do so in the past...and I'll be inquiring of her FFL why he is deliberately mis-stating the law?

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I use Repent Arms in Concord, NC. Great guys.

http://www.repentarms.com/

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bashman:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

I'm surprised by your experiences, Dusty. Bull Moose has become my go to place for transfers. They've always done right by me. And they are only minutes away from my house, and offer discounted transfers to members of the local shooting forum.

I never had an issue with incoming transfers. I did about 20 in the last 12 months. Shipping is a totally different story. Holding on to a gun for 7+ days before shipping is ludicrous. Telling me to take my business elsewhere because I asked about it is inexcusable.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I assumed it was out of state. In state you are correct.

Seems my friend doesn't know his chit.

Google maps will show a store close to your family member I would think.

You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
If she doesn't currently have a CCW, she will need to acquire a purchase permit from the Mecklenberg County Sheriff before any FFL will surrender the pistol to her....

I'm sorry what? Mecklenburg County requires you to get a purchase permit. W T F? What is this Chicago? Guess it makes sense, my uber liberal BIL is in Mecklenburg, just loves it. He can go to any number of new restaurants and spend a couple of hundred bucks on dinner anytime he wants.

I hate liberalism, absolutely hate it everything about it.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post