SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lets find out who has been reloading a long time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets find out who has been reloading a long time Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Find the .32ACP cases in the this box of .380ACP's.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I see a 9mm.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there are a couple up front that look like 9mms as well as the one with the Winchester headstamp showing in the upper far right.

OP, would using a few sheets of newspaper be cheating? You might spot the differences and segregate the cases a little more quickly just by standing them up next to each other.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
They always wind up stuck inside the .380s.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Yeah, there are a couple up front that look like 9mms as well as the one with the Winchester headstamp showing in the upper far right.

OP, would using a few sheets of newspaper be cheating? You might spot the differences and segregate the cases a little more quickly just by standing them up next to each other.

That would be cheating there are 4-5 32's in plain sight! This is what is sad (not referring to you Il Cattivo), I have been reloading for 30 years now. I can walk around the range and tell what caliber cases are on the ground from 4' away.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Yep. 32 get stuck in 380 and 9mm get stuck in 40S&W.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
The true reloaders can find the hidden 9mm Makarovs.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

More common, and just as troublesome, is .380 cases mixed in with 9mm, as they are both the same caliber, difference in length only.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

More common, and just as troublesome, is .380 cases mixed in with 9mm, as they are both the same caliber, difference in length only.

Iirc there is a slight difference in the rim diameter between 380/9. There's a metal plate accessory for the old 3 colors tub case separator that will pass one but not the other.

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
quote:

That would be cheating there are 4-5 32's in plain sight! This is what is sad (not referring to you Il Cattivo), I have been reloading for 30 years now. I can walk around the range and tell what caliber cases are on the ground from 4' away.

Once you’ve been loading long enough, you can’t see the cases from four feet away. Smile

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8219 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea

Once you’ve been loading long enough, you can’t see the cases from four feet away. Smile

This ^^^ is soooo true. I see (3) 32 cases I think.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have been reloading for over 40 years and own guns in both calibers mentioned. However, I do not reload for either as I don't shoot them that much and have no desire to mess with them,

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I’ve been reloading so long that my eyes can no longer tell them apart!

Seriously, my first Dillon Square Deal was $135.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Its started inside a .380, top left side in photo.. Cool

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Not a test for me, but I did spot some .32 cases in the mix. I've been reloading since 1972 but don't do .380, .32, or 9mm. I reload bigger calibers: .357 Mag, .44 Mag, .45 Win Mag, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, and .50 AE.

Don't waste my time on puny stuff. Smile

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been reloading for several decades. I rarely see .32, and don't see that much .380.

I can stare at a pile of brass and pick out all the brass of one caliber, then find I missed half of them, do it again, still find I missed a bunch, do it again, and still find more. Doesn't matter how many times I do it. Even with sorting sifters. Even obvious differences like .45 acp vs. 9mm.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I've been reloading for several decades. I rarely see .32, and don't see that much .380.

I can stare at a pile of brass and pick out all the brass of one caliber, then find I missed half of them, do it again, still find I missed a bunch, do it again, and still find more. Doesn't matter how many times I do it. Even with sorting sifters. Even obvious differences like .45 acp vs. 9mm.

Liek separating change, always find another dollars worth of quarters under the pile

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
I’ve been reloading so long that my eyes can no longer tell them apart!

Seriously, my first Dillon Square Deal was $135.

Man do I feel old. Dillon had not yet started up when I started handloading. Much of my Dads handloading stuff was Herters reloading dies and equipment.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I was loading 270s on Dad's Herters C press in late 50s early 60s.

Today I have 2 Dillon 550s, A Hornady LNL AP and a single LNL. Plus a RCBS single stashed somewhere around here. Have not ever used the LNL AP. Should get rid of it.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I was loading 270s on Dad's Herters C press in late 50s early 60s.

So was I. But not .270, .30-06, .357 Magnum, .38 Special and .44 Special.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post