SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Purged/Cleaned Toolbox Finally!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Purged/Cleaned Toolbox Finally! Login/Join 
posted
I had posted in another thread about having to buy a new/larger tool chest and being slightly pissed off about what's out there.

As an alternative I decided to a full inventory and purge of what I had and I am glad I did.

After thinning out a ton of redundancy, removing crap/no name stuff that has worked its way in over there years I have found that not only do I not need a new box but I was able to assemble a decent starter tool set for my son.

The boy will be getting:
B&D Dril/Driver
3/8 and 1/4 ratchets and a decent enough assortment of sockets to get him started
Craftsman combo wrenches
Craftsman screwdrivers
Pliers (slip joint, channel lock and needle nose).
Allen Wrenches

As a bonus I found a nice tool bag on sale at Home Depot that fits everything.

The only thing I almost gave away that I retracted was an old forged 12" Proto adjustable wrench that I have no idea how I came to own. After some research and cleaning I discovered it is a really nice tool

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I did something similar a few years back. I kept the best two of everything, especially in combination wrenches and sockets.

The dupes and leftovers made a pretty decent, if eclectic, set, including a decent Craftsman top box and a old, worn but completely usable Kennedy cart with (as I recall) 4 small drawers, two big drawers and a bin on the bottom.

Sold the whole kit and kaboodle to a kid where I worked that was just starting out at give-away prices on the payday payment plan.

We were both happy.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15258 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I did the restructuring of the tool box...
Now I can't find what I'm looking for !
Lol .... Strange how all the junk gets tossed in there as time goes by.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I recently did the same tool box clean out, thinking it was time for a new one. My current box goes with me in the truck, the roller boxes stay in the shed. This truck box is a Craftsman kit purchased in '77 at the Sears store on 1st Ave S. in Seattle. Back then, this is where folks shopped in that area. I have started assembling the left over dupes into boxes for the other vehicles...and loaner to the adult children Wink

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post