SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tyson vs Frazier
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyson vs Frazier Login/Join 
posted
Both in their prime. Who wins?

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh  | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Tyson. I've been watching his fights on YouTube lately. He's in a different class. Frazier had that hook but Tyson was just so fast to the first punch I don't think Frazier would even get to try it.

Posts: 45385 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you mean Smokin' Joe and not Marvis because we saw what happened to Marvis.

Smokin' Joe hangs in for a decision or late TKO. He frustrates Tyson who never really got pressed by a good fighter in his heyday. Mitch Green hung in but was middling. Holmes was an old man. Thomas and Biggs weren't great fighters.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I met Joe Frazier once. It was like shaking hands with a catcher's mitt full of lead plates. Tyson by early KO, Frazier if it goes past 3.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frazier had that up and down head bob that made connection difficult.

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh  | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
In my best Howard voice, "Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!"

Tyson was the pitbull of fighting (not boxing). A street fighter who wanted to kill you. Frazier was a boxer. No contest.

Apples and oranges, with the possible exception of Ali who had the ability to outbox a fighter...in his prime.

Posts: 20130 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Vait a minute. Vat about Rocky Marciano?

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Il9jJObx7FE

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20841 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
If Mike has Cus in his corner Mike all day. From Smokin Joe to Broken Joe in 45 seconds.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iron Mike, no contest.

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Tyson at his best was so fast and so vicious that he would be hard for anyone to beat. Ali was fast enough to avoid him, maybe. Not Frazier.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Tyson in his prime delivered punishment that ROCKED his opponents. (early and often)
Providing Tyson had Cus D'Amato in the corner, which he did in his prime, he was a force of nature.

Frazier delivered punishment while taking a beating...and he could take a beating.

Taking a beating from Tyson was not a sustainable nor sane gameplan.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tyson.

Posts: 3233 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Tyson in his prime is hard to beat

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
The smartest thing Tyson ever said was; "Everyone has a plan, until they get hit." When Tyson hit you, you stayed hit. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1695 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Tyson in his prime was a monster. He was all heart and focus, and humble. No hype, no bluster, just opening bell starting the seek and destroy synapse. Don King ruined Iron Mike.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15621 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post