SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got a letter from Senator Jeff Merkley. Here's my response...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a letter from Senator Jeff Merkley. Here's my response... Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Here's a letter I got form my useless hack, Senator Jeff Merkley...

Dear Hector,
I’m sure you’ve been hearing a lot about impeachment lately -- on the news, online, and maybe from your own friends and family.

As impeachment proceedings begin in the U.S. Congress, I wanted you to also hear directly from me as your representative in the United States Senate.

Impeachment is a grave step. It should never be used over political or policy differences, no matter how strong those disagreements may be. It must be reserved for the most weighty situations in which there is substantial evidence of serious lawbreaking or fundamental abuse of power.

Unfortunately, we are now at a moment where there is substantial evidence of both.

The presidency comes with awesome powers, and our Constitution and our entire system of government is designed to ensure that those powers are constrained by the rule of law.

There is substantial evidence that President Trump has violated those boundaries.

The Mueller report lays out extensive evidence of criminal wrongdoing by President Trump in four cases of obstruction of justice, including one case of witness tampering. More than one thousand former federal prosecutors have written to Congress stating that any ordinary American committing these acts would be indicted for felony crimes.

And now we are presented with substantial evidence that President Trump used his office to solicit the foreign government of Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 U.S. presidential election. If true, this is an enormous abuse of power.

Our founders were deeply afraid of an imperial presidency where the President would begin to act outside the law. They guarded against that by giving the House of Representatives the power of impeachment, which is equivalent to an indictment, and the Senate the power to hold a trial following impeachment. Conviction requires a supermajority of two-thirds of the Senators. This guarantees that a conviction must have bi-partisan support.

As I ponder this moment, I keep thinking about the enormous responsibility Congress has to hold the President accountable to the rule of law. It is a responsibility that must be exercised without partisan taint. We must strive for a standard that would be applied equally regardless if a President is in one’s own party or in the opposing party.

I encourage all Oregonians to be engaged as we wrestle with the process before us. Read the key sections of the Mueller Report. Examine the whistleblower letter and the testimony it leads to. And feel free to share your thoughts by calling or writing my office.

While the House proceeds with the impeachment inquiry, I hope the Senate will turn to the many issues we face. Good legislation is awaiting action in the Senate on healthcare, housing, education, infrastructure, jobs, equality of opportunity, and carbon pollution. We would do the nation a real service to engage in debating and voting on the bills that address these issues.

If the House does act on impeachment and there is a Senate trial, I pledge as a Senate juror to work to ensure that the rules established for the trial ensure that the Senate and the American people get a complete picture of the evidence and the appropriate context to understand its significance. Moreover, I pledge to weigh that evidence carefully and conscientiously.

This will be a test of the rule of law and our system of government, and whether and how we rise to the occasion will have impacts on American government far into the future.

Impeachment is a step Congress should resolve to take only as a last resort, but we must be equally resolved to safeguard the principle that, in America, nobody is above the law.

All my best,
Jeff

I replied with a note that I found typos in their message. Here's my response...

I’ve read the Meuller report and I’ve read the call transcript and it’s nothing like what the media are reporting. I think you need to re-word your e-mail to read more like this…

We, as Democrats realize that we’re doomed to lose at the ballot box to President Donald J. Trump with our current crop of presidential candidates, and we’ve resorted to our last desperate measure of making up baseless charges to impeach The President.

President Donald J. Trump has demonstrated that in spite of intense opposition from both parties, his policies have led to record unemployment, record growth, record employment for blacks, Hispanics and women, and he’s embarrassed us so much, we’ll embarrass ourselves by using our propagandists in the mainstream media to lie to the American people in attempt to implant our own worthless do-nothing activist puppet who will further destroy American rights and ship jobs and technology overseas. We will continue to push The Green New Deal while ignoring China, Russia and India as global polluters.

We will also promise to keep America divided by touting class-warfare, racism, anti-Americanism, fear mongering and not solving the immigration issues in this country. We also promise to not work with The President of the United States on securing the border and passing the USMCA which would further help jobs and the economy. This would further deal us a blow for the 2020 elections and that’s more important to us than the health and well-being of the American people.

Sincerely,
Your dishonest, lying, Democratic political hack,
Jeff Merkley.

I won’t hold my breath though…

Tony B.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Nicely Done.... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Where is my email/letter from Merkley????? I am an Oregon resident too....

That's okay if it were a paper letter I would only burn it, and an email from him tends to get deleted quickly as he is anti second amendment, pro Communism.

I have no use for him or Wyden.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
nice typo correction there OP!!!

Merkley has expanded from being merely a fool and a tool AND a disappointment, into full tilt DNC zombie parasite. IMHO.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking the time to give him what-for, Tony. It'll fall on deaf ears, no doubt, but, still, thanks for speaking up.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
You're welcome guys! I'm on fire right now!

They're pushing LGBT crap on our schools right now and attempting to keep it secretive. I re-activated my Facebook to join a parents group that didn't like the material that was being pushed on the kids.

I pointed out to the group that it was all political propaganda with links and proof and the liberal democrats in the group got butt hurt and got me kicked off the group.

The truth hurts; doesn't it?!

I brushed it off, but when I got this e-mail I was already feeling feisty so I unloaded on him. Smile

Tony.

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Giveum hell Tony....

quote:
I re-activated my Facebook to join a parents group that didn't like the material that was being pushed on the kids.

I pointed out to the group that it was all political propaganda with links and proof and the liberal democrats in the group got butt hurt and got me kicked off the group.

WTF? That makes no sense, did they start the FB group because the material being pushed wasn't far left enough?

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
Where is my email/letter from Merkley????? I am an Oregon resident too....

That's okay if it were a paper letter I would only burn it, and an email from him tends to get deleted quickly as he is anti second amendment, pro Communism.

I have no use for him or Wyden.

Don't feel left out. You can send him a love letter here...

Senator_Merkley@Merkley.senate.gov

Tony.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Who's Hector?

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Me. Tony is my middle name that I’ve gone by since childhood. I didn’t know my name was Hector until fifth grade. Benny is the name the military gave me (my last name shortened).

Tony.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
You may not get a Christmas card this year from this jerk.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:

But the Stooges from California may just receive a plagiarized version of Benny's email. Wink

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Great response, Tony.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

But the Stooges from California may just receive a plagiarized version of Benny's email. Wink

Big Grin

Haha.

And yes, perfect response, Tony.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done.

Posts: 3456 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Big Grin

Nothing would make me happier than to see my letter plagiarized and viral! Feel free to borrow and change names as you see fit!

You saw it first here on SF!

Tony.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Awesome!! I live in Oregon and cant stand them assholes.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Excellent letter. Too bad more people like you don’t take the time to do things like this.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Zing!

That was awesome Tony!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post