SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good deal on Blink cameras
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good deal on Blink cameras Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted
Two outdoor cameras and the sync module

https://www.woot.com/offers/bl...f=w_cnt_gw_dly_image

I bought the 4 camera kit from Costco for right at $300. I don't have a subscription, I use a USB thumb driver to capture the vid alerts. The only thing the subscription does is allow you to record live, you can view live and talk through the camera though with thumb drive

I did buy a couple of "used" cameras from Woot a couple of months back, they arrived new in package

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm using 6 of the Blink cameras. They perform very well.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
so how would these work if in a remote location. there is limited cell service but wifi is iffy?. power is available. Probably a no go I am guessing.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19222 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Without decent wifi they would be useless

Posts: 5341 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
so how would these work if in a remote location. there is limited cell service but wifi is iffy?. power is available. Probably a no go I am guessing.

You need a wired camera system with a hard drive recording.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
ok guys, thank you. I appreciate the info.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19222 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Might note these are listed as "used". tested but not not refurbished.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a couple in the hangar, focused on the door, so I can see anybody entering or exiting.

They work just fine; my only complaint if I had to make one, is the delay for remote notification, so when the system is activated by motion I am looking at history, not "current events."

That's OK, since I'm just trying to keep evidence in the event of a problem, so history is fine for my purposes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30709 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post