SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Terrifying arsenal of guns and ammunition found at home of would-be school shooter
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terrifying arsenal of guns and ammunition found at home of would-be school shooter Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Any California resident who legally owns an AR-15 is required, as of Jan. 1, 2018, to REGISTER his ownership of the rifle with the Calif. DOJ. Failure to register the AR-15 is considered a FELONY, now. California has always been a screwed up state ever since I moved here, but it has gotten way, way worse in recent years.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
90 mags is a lot, so I can see them being worried. .....

Oh BULLSHIT. You have no idea what your're talking about.

I'll bet many on this forum have 90+ mags.

Guilty as charged. Shoot, I have more than that many normal capacity AR magazines, though they are not here in the PRK.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
If a California resident purchased an AR-15 legally in the past, as of Jan. 1, 2018, he is required by law to REGISTER his ownership of the rifle with the Calif. DOJ. Failure to register the AR-15 is considered a felony, now. California has always been a screwed up state ever since I moved here, but it has gotten way, way worse in recent years.

If it had a regular magazine release (and didn't have a bullet button installed to avoid registration), it had to be registered before the CA AWB took effect around 2000. The 1/1/2018 deadline required doing one of:
a) Register,
b) Lobotomize with something like the Patriot Magazine Release which requires pulling the rear pin and splitting the action to drop a magazine,
c) Convert to featureless (one option being replace pistol grip and collapsible stock with Thordsen Customs' FRS-15 stock and replace the flash hider with either a brake, a thread protector, or something else that is not a flash hider. There are others.)
d) Move it out of state.

Note that registration precludes transfer within the PRK.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
Any California resident who legally owns an AR-15 is required, as of Jan. 1, 2018, to REGISTER his ownership of the rifle with the Calif. DOJ. Failure to register the AR-15 is considered a FELONY, now. California has always been a screwed up state ever since I moved here, but it has gotten way, way worse in recent years.

Deadline to register is July 1st of this year. I think this guy got popped with an AR with no bullet button and not a registered AW.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
If the kid was really gonna raise hell, I'm glad someone intervened.

California is a lost cause. I feel for anyone stuck there. I frequent the state with work. It's a beautiful part of our country, but sure is effed up when it comes to all their laws. I'm so glad I commute and leave when done working. My condolences to those who are stuck with their work.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Isn't it interesting that right after government completely dropped the ball on the kid in South Florida, and further destroyed the withering credibility they had, they get a very public win with a kid in California. Let's just say I find the timing to be a bit, shall we say, convenient.

If they actually shut down a potential school shooting, great. But I've reached a point where I trust virtually nothing government does or says anymore.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wonder if that was a total or just AR mags?

For some here, one per firearm could get them above 90.

At least they called them Magazines! Big Grin

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Army veteran and 90 magazines. Wonder if they were stolen from the military?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I was going to make some wise crack about their definition of arsenal . . .

Well whether it's "terrifying," or not, is a matter of opinion, but what they found meets the accepted definition of an arsenal.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/arsenal
Definition of arsenal

1 a : an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment The city is home to a federal arsenal.
b : a collection of weapons

2 : store, repertoire the team's arsenal of veteran players

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well I did have many magazines for 16 semi auto handguns and three semi auto rifles in my stash, but that was before I lost everything during a boating accident on Parker Lake a few years ago.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
90 mags is a lot, so I can see them being worried. Either way, his brother is now in trouble, felonies unfortunately.

No it isn't.. Wink

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'm terrified, hiding under my bed from the ammunition and high powered magazines I have.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
If a disgruntled high school student with a history of disciplinary problems and who has access to potential weapons is making threats like that, then I’m dam’ glad someone took action to prevent another slaughter. The justification for the laws pertaining to the guns in this case is a separate matter and immaterial to what might have been. And regardless of where it occurred if a child—especially an exceptionally irresponsible child—had direct access to those guns (assuming he did), his brother was wrong to permit it.

This.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
90 mags is a lot, so I can see them being worried.

Posts: 32512 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thank you radioman. There is no such thing as "a lot" of anything, especially in this environment.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It's Cal. He'll probably get 3 days of in-school suspension.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell Ted Kennedy, and his car, have killed more people than this Army vets firearms and 90 mag's have. Do Kennedy's have to register with the California DOJ when they visit?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yup. With folks supposedly on our side with this kind of thinking, we're lost.

Q

Posts: 26391 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight my local news reported he had “ghost guns” he built himself, which were untraceable. Of course they gave zero facts to back it up. Even if guns were self-built, the purchase of the receiver is trackable. Maybe they were or were not under his name, but they gave no details.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
90 mags is a lot, so I can see them being worried. Either way, his brother is now in trouble, felonies unfortunately.

He gives his location as West coast, so you can see where he gets these silly ideas.

Posts: 26908 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post