SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is this online bank legit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this online bank legit? Login/Join 
posted
Won’t bore y’all with gory details, but I’ve been asked to open an account with this bank: https://gtefinancialtrust.com/GTE-Bank/ in order to receive funds from an online trading platform (story in of itself). I’ve poked around and don’t see anything obviously suspicious, but at the same time searching them online reveals nothing; no reviews, no complaints, no way to verify registration with any regulatory authority. Was hoping someone with more expertise than me can see if they find any red flags or if they appear to be on the up and up. Cheers!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Move on. There are plenty of banks.

Posts: 17280 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If it's required as part of the contract with the investment house, open it, transfer funds from the platform, then move them to whatever bank you want and close the platforms account.

They probably have fees associated with it, and, they would like to keep the money from the divestiture in the investments in their bank.

Insurance companies do this with life proceeds, beneficiaries can opt to get check books with an in-house bank account at Metlife, Pru, et al..

Nothing says that you have to though with insurance, usually it's done when the beneficiary doesn't have a bank account to deposit funds into.

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the online trading platform requires you to use a particular bank, find another platform

The most effective safety is between your ears

Posts: 235 | Location: Eastern Nebraska | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they legit, technically yes.

Would I put my money there?

NO

Their disclosures are at the bottom of the page.

https://gtefinancialtrust.com/GTE-Bank/about-us/

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the replies. To expand a little I’m already invested with the trading platform, I was led to believe early on that I could get my proceeds sent to coinbase or other similar wallet but that has since changed and the only option is this bank. The (vague) reason given is they have some sort of agreement, which I assume to mean the trading co gets some kickback or other favor(s) from the bank in exchange for sending them customers. I do plan on moving my money out to my primary bank as soon as I can, just wanted to check things out before any money moves.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post