SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wyoming Rock Formations Heavily Tagged at the State Line with Colorado
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Rock Formations Heavily Tagged at the State Line with Colorado Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I try hard not to hate anyone, but the asshats that did all this makes me really, really dislike these people and even more strongly resist their “message.” You people don’t belong here

The vast majority of the tagging is in the first 2 minutes of the video.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
OMG! What a bunch of assholes! The rock structures in that area are quite a sight. I've been through that general area many, many times and what they did is a travesty. Mad

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's sad. I saw a couple of anti Trump signs, WTH? Were these turds camping there?

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
That's sad. I saw a couple of anti Trump signs, WTH? Were these turds camping there?

No, there’s really no camping there, I think the land may belong to Terry Bison Ranch. They just stopped there to tag.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable. The asshats doing that probably fancy themselves pro environment.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
He's referring to the dude sleeping at the 1:45 mark.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Tagged”: Is that anything like vandalized?
Isn’t “tagging” supposed to be some sort of legitimate art form according to its defenders when it occurs on fat cat capitalists’ or exploiters’ properties in inner cities?

Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“Tagged”: Is that anything like vandalized?
Isn’t “tagging” supposed to be some sort of legitimate art form according to its defenders when it occurs on fat cat capitalists’ or exploiters’ properties in inner cities?

Roll Eyes

Taggers are those who are overly-focused on leaving their signature (their tag) than any kind of art or work of creativity. Most taggers start of as juveniles, infatuated with mischievous flaunting of rules, laws and societal norms, destroying property and generally being nuisances by which they leave their tags. Marking up or, spray painting their tags on visible property scores more street cred amongst peers...overpasses, buses, bridges, etc. By the time they're in their twenties, they've likely got a record of vandalism and petty crime arrests/citations.

Political/social messaging and legible font/script is more the work of self-entitled assholes than committed taggers or, graffiti artists. What was painted on those rocks looks like a bunch of high schoolers with no street cred but wanted to go out and be destructive on a Friday night. Somebody brought a couple of a few bottles of booze, got a small fire going, everyone passed the Mary Jane around and the rattle cans came out....

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
This is only about 30 minutes from Colorado State University's campus, plenty of leftist asshole kids with the means to "recreate" there.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sickening Mad

Posts: 7553 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Need a buncha cowboys to learn them proper etiquette, Yellowstone style...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8-SnYHO27g

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a shame........

I have visited that area many times and the Loveland/Fort Collins area is one of my favorite places to vacation.

I was lucky that some of those "vacations" were training opportunities and paid for.

I didn't even click on the video since I am trying to enjoy the day

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Need a buncha cowboys to learn them proper etiquette, Yellowstone style...
When I watched that episode I told myself I need to add a branding iron to my truck. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
When I watched that episode I told myself I need to add a branding iron to my truck. Smile

Don't forget your shovels.....

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
In the grand scheme of things, the damage is not large and it'll eventually be weathered away.

But people with this type of mentality and that think this type of behavior is acceptable, I'm okay stopping their DNA effective immediately.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We have Native American petroglyphs all around the area. Some have been vandalized with graffiti. Some people have no respect for anything historical.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Don't forget your shovels.....

And a bag of lime.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Back in 2007 my now-wife and I first started dating. One of our first trips together was the the Black Hills. To get there we take I-25 right past where the video is shot. There are some beautiful rock formations for miles and miles. Trying to impress my new girlfriend, I said, "Wow, those are some really interesting geological formations!"

She looks at me a little confused and says, "What, the rocks"?

"Yes dear, the rocks."

We still laugh about that comment to this day.

posted Hide Post
The original post is nothing but a black box on my screen.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
This is only about 30 minutes from Colorado State University's campus, plenty of leftist asshole kids with the means to "recreate" there.

Isn’t CSU the less leftist of the two big schools (vs CU)? I thought Boulder students were the real professed America hating liberal Types?

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post