SIGforum
Woman wheels CORPSE into bank and tries to get him to 'sign off' loan

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2790070805

April 17, 2024, 08:50 AM
Pipe Smoker
Woman wheels CORPSE into bank and tries to get him to 'sign off' loan
Your Wednesday chuckle. Video in link.

“This is the moment a woman wheeled a corpse into a bank and allegedly tried to get him to 'sign off' a loan in her name while holding his head up in front of suspicious staff who asked why he looked so pale.

Bank employees started filming the pair and ended up calling for an ambulance and police as she used her hand to keep the deceased pensioner's head upright and told him: 'Uncle, are you listening? You have to sign it. I can't sign for you.'

Footage showed the woman telling the dead man to grip hold of his pen hard as she placed it between his fingers and encouraged him to sign a piece of paper at the bank branch in Bangu, a neighbourhood in the western area of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

A bank worker witnessing the scene told the woman : 'I don't think this is legal. He doesn't look well. He's very pale.'

She replied: 'He's like that' before she told the dead OAP: 'If you're not well, I can take you to hospital. Do you want to go back to hospital again?' …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13317919

Serious about crackers
April 17, 2024, 08:54 AM
egregore
quote:
a neighbourhood in the western area of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
At least it isn't "Florida man" this time.
April 17, 2024, 08:56 AM
gearhounds
Just when you’re pretty sure you’ve seen just about everything…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
April 17, 2024, 09:09 AM
smschulz
Bernie was on vacation in Brazil,
April 17, 2024, 09:16 AM
TMats
I got…nothin’

April 17, 2024, 10:37 AM
tatortodd
The woman was supposedly his niece and caregiver. Curious about the cause of death, and even more curious as to whether or not the niece was in the dead uncle's well (I suspect not)?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
April 17, 2024, 10:44 AM
Skins2881
Weekend At Bernie's - Brazen Brazilian

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
April 17, 2024, 10:51 AM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Weekend At Bernie's - Brazen Brazilian

Weekend at Bernado's

April 17, 2024, 10:52 AM
sig 226
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Bernie was on vacation in Brazil,

Beat me to it.. :P

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus
April 17, 2024, 11:16 AM
SigSentry
That internal monologue (if she has one) on her decision process. Eek
April 17, 2024, 11:56 AM
DaveL
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
That internal monologue (if she has one) on her decision process. Eek

It's actually impressive that she thought this through and concluded it was a good idea. To be fair, I suppose we'll never know how many times someone has done this successfully.
April 17, 2024, 03:22 PM
radioman
Day of the Dead isn't until Nov 2nd

The Brazilian public holiday of Dia de Finados, Dia dos Mortos or Dia dos Fiéis Defuntos (Portuguese: "Day of the Dead" or "Day of the Faithful Deceased") is celebrated on November 2.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!
April 18, 2024, 08:43 AM
Pipe Smoker
This article has a video.

“A woman who took her dead 'uncle' to a bank in Brazil for a 'loan scam' was seen transporting the body in a taxi and even getting the unwitting cabbie to help her put him into a wheelchair - potentially revealing a crucial detail that could see her jailed. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13323413

Serious about crackers