SIGforum
Identify tree/bush?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2790011774

November 30, 2020, 10:15 AM
whododat
Identify tree/bush?
https://flic.kr/p/2kc8Kyp

The wife and I are not sure if this is a tree or bush?

Just curious for all you tree experts out there.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.
November 30, 2020, 10:17 AM
MNSIG
Sorry I don't have the answer, but I'd send one of the guys in the red uniforms over to check it out.
November 30, 2020, 10:18 AM
sns3guppy
Looks more like a vine in that picture.
November 30, 2020, 11:08 AM
sigmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
November 30, 2020, 11:21 AM
WaterburyBob
Triffid

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards
November 30, 2020, 11:28 AM
Mr.Brooks
The picture is fuzzy at least on my computer screen but the leaf arrangement looks to be opposite. If I remember my dendrology when we see opposite arrangement we narrow it down to Maple, Ash, Dogwood, Caprifoliaceae family and Horse Chestnut. The leaves don't look to be Maple, Ash, or Horse Chestnut. I doubt if it is a Dogwood, so I will say with 90% confidence it is a shrub from the Caprifoliaceae family. There are 40-50 genera and 700, 800, 900 species. They are shrubs and vines and a very few herbs in the family, I do not know of any trees.
November 30, 2020, 11:38 AM
NavyGuy
Maybe try "PlantSnap" a phone app that is pretty good at identifying plants. Take a picture and it tells you what it is. You might need a closer picture of what you have though. I have it on my iPhone but don't know if there's an android version.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
November 30, 2020, 11:50 AM
rburg
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Maybe try "PlantSnap"

Good information, thanks.

Unhappy ammo seeker
November 30, 2020, 12:03 PM
dkjbama
Google lens on my pixel says cherry plum. It does like kind of like a tiny version of mine this time of year.
November 30, 2020, 01:24 PM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by dkjbama:
Google lens on my pixel says cherry plum. It does like kind of like a tiny version of mine this time of year.

We have a Sand Cherry that looked like this when it was new.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
November 30, 2020, 02:53 PM
whododat
Thank you for the responses.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.
November 30, 2020, 02:56 PM
jhe888
The larch.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.