SIGforum
Another Tire Thread: Size and Brand consideration. Toyo Open Country AT3 vs Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2760087674

November 21, 2020, 02:39 PM
lakeray
Another Tire Thread: Size and Brand consideration. Toyo Open Country AT3 vs Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus.
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by lakeray:
quote:
1) Toyo Open Country AT3 in 255/55/R20, 37 lbs. 110H XL. 8.5" tread width.

This is what I have on my '16 LR4 and it rides great and I got great traction in the snow and ice and in dry payment is fantastic.

Awesome. First hand experience. How do you feel about the road noise? Not too aggressive?

Never noticed any road noise.

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"
November 22, 2020, 11:07 AM
Aeteocles
Thanks for the input!
November 22, 2020, 02:01 PM
2000Z-71
No direct experience with either tire. One thing to consider, the 275/55/R20 is a lot more popular size being OEM equipment on a lot of 1/2 ton pickups which means more availability. Which means easier to replace when stuck in East Bumblefuck with a disastrous tire failure.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
November 23, 2020, 06:32 PM
John Steed
Toyo OC ATIII tire noise:
Sorry it took so long ...

I just drove the Jeep around today. If I roll down the window and turn off the radio, I can hear the tires. Roll up the window and they're barely audible.

Usually I have the radio on so I never notice them.

As I said before, DuraTracs are a lot louder, but you either want the performance or you don't.

... stirred anti-clockwise.