SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I’ve visited 44 States - How about you?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’ve visited 44 States - How about you? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

I know this one feller who's been to all 57.
Only one more to go. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30678 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Not as many as most contributors to this thread: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Texas, New York, Florida, Hawaii (multiple islands).

About the same number of foreign countries.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just need both Virginia's, both Caroline's, Alabama. Trip was canceled in May 2020 and haven't made it out since. Our team has had to work daily through the pandemic unlike the rest of the company. Supposed to return to normal in March, so we are shooting for these again in May this year.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bgouker:
Just need both Virginia's, both Caroline's, Alabama. Trip was canceled in May 2020 and haven't made it out since. Our team has had to work daily through the pandemic unlike the rest of the company. Supposed to return to normal in March, so we are shooting for these again in May this year.
I used Streets & Trips to plot a possible map from Greeley, CO into all the 5 states you listed and return. It was 4200 miles long and was the same in both directions from Greeley to Olathe, KS (near KCKS), and was joined again at Knoxville, TN. Of course, you probably would not choose the locations in those states that I did--I was just curious about roughly how big a trip it would be. I tried a different version and got it down to a single loop of 3760 miles, still going and coming through Olathe. Just getting barely into the states I found a route of 3350 miles. I think you'd need a week or more to handle that trip.

Do you have specific places in those states you want to visit, or just enough to say you've been to the state? Some places that occur to me are (not necessarily any I used in the maps): Wheeling, WV (location of WWV, national time standard); Luray Caverns, VA (beautiful cave); Wilmington, NC (battleship North Carolina); Charleston, SC (Fort Sumter); and Huntsville, AL (U.S. Space & Rocket Center, U.S. Veterans Memorial Museum). Lots of other places to see, of course--those are what I thought of off the cuff.

FWIW, the route to the places I just listed is 4080 miles.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All 50 and 55 countries. I used to get around a bit, not much any more.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I've lived in 2 states been in 49. Missing Alaska but hope to get there one day. I drive a truck my record is seven states in one day.I know not like I vacationed in each one but I have been in them.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post