SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An illustrator’s pictures inspired by one-star reviews of U.S. National Parks.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An illustrator’s pictures inspired by one-star reviews of U.S. National Parks. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Whether they were actual sentiments or trolling efforts (but I suspect the former), I found the reviews funny.
One example for Yosemite: “Trees block view and there are too many gray rocks.”

https://www.boredpanda.com/one...-e44050dc5e-43423637

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47679 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh my GOD those were funny.

I'd love to have a set to decorate an office. So much better than those stupid motivational posters.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12920 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

More a comment on the visitor than the visitee --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very clever presentation; those captions were a hoot.

Posts: 784 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been formerly involved with local, state and federal public lands systems I firmly believe that a percentage of visitors would write such things.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Overheard in Ely Cathedral, one of the most beautiful ecclesiastical structures on the planet - with an average of a thousand visitors a day, an internationally-renowned choir, and a Lady Chapel that has been used from Evensong every day - without fail - since sometime in the middle of the 1200's. This location is also THE preferred 'sound location studio' for almost EVERY US-based choir - the waiting list is currently five years long.

'What are we doing in here, mom, it's just a spooky old church?'

Posts: 11439 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It’s hilarious! Isle Royale- same as the Apostles, I’d bet.. discussions on where to go on the water to catch a signal..getting a ding in the middle of the night on the boat when a signal was captured and a message comes through. Hah!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post