SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've decided to build my own airplane...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've decided to build my own airplane... Login/Join 
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Forget the plane. I want to see pics of the stewardesses.

I'm doing interviews...
What were we talking about again? Wink

Posts: 1853 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Not now, I'm in the dark room... developing...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:

One prop assembled, only 7 to go.

We're gonna go big. Big, I tell ya...

Been a long day.

Off to bed.

With eight props of that size you must be challenging the legacy of the Spruce Goose and wanting to leave no doubt that yours is bigger and better. Big Grin

Just think, if you incorporate VTOL technology like the Osprey, not only could you park it more easily, you could also contract your services for blowing out forest fires.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
One mission is Hurricane killer.

Might give that forest fire thing some thought.

That reminds me, got to get the cabin finished...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Your company slogan could be "We blow all your problems away!" Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Why is there a door and handholds on your prop hub?

So you can change the pitch of the blade in flight depending on the barometric pressure and bomb load temperature over the target zone.

that's a secret...

By crawling out on the prop hubs while in flight?

Bold move.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you can change the pitch of the blade in flight depending on the barometric pressure and bomb load temperature over the target zone.

that's a secret...

By crawling out on the prop hubs while in flight?

Bold move.

nah. it's access for the greasemonkey.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Forget about the plane. I wanna see the runway!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7293 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The Trunk Monkey would be a great addition.

The Overhead Bin Monkey?

Great for unruly passengers, or ones carrying in way too much luggage. Just have the Monkey toss them.

And if you need a passenger removed, we'll let's say United won't compare.

No inflight meals, just banana daiquiris. Big Grin

I like it.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is the landing gear going to be beefed up enough to survive carrier landings?

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget the landing gear -- I want to see the Carrier that will withstand a landing by a plane big enough to use eight of those muthas! Eek

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9380 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Forget the landing gear -- I want to see the Carrier that will withstand a landing by a plane big enough to use eight of those muthas! Eek

This is the prototype.

The full-size will have a longer runway, but will be much slower.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm in negotiations to buy Greenland.

Meanwhile, here is a peek at some of the smaller hydraulic lines undergoing field testing.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Mr Monkey Engineer Man, you're going to need a heckuva credit card with a ginormous limit to fill the fuel tanks on that big honker.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
Bitcoin

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 953 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Mr Monkey Engineer Man, you're going to need a heckuva credit card with a ginormous limit to fill the fuel tanks on that big honker.

My FICO is 847, and I had a relative who recently died and was a major crude oil contractor with the Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola of Angola, so I have a large sum of money I am working on transferring to my bank by Barrister Rotimi Adams.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
With 100mph tape, of course.

Gorilla Tape, by the same company that brought the world Gorilla Glue, works better in this application.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Minor thread drift: Was it the B-36 or the Spruce Goose where they could shut down an engine and change (or maybe just add) oil?

Posts: 16020 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Is this a single seater?

Posts: 5347 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Minor thread drift: Was it the B-36 or the Spruce Goose where they could shut down an engine and change (or maybe just add) oil?

No need to shut it down, as the oil tank is external; simply pump oil to the appropriate tank. Bear in mind that with a large radial, the oil tank is 40-70 gallons, and it's burning 4+ gallons of oil per hour.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post