SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wild Fork Foods sending out password reset email.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Fork Foods sending out password reset email. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
Anyone else get this email. It completely seems like a Phishing scam. Email says to click link to change password, then says to update payment info.

But when I go to Wild Fork (not using the email link), my password doesn't work. The email address in the email seems like the legit email they always use. But why would a company do this knowing everyone is leery of such emails?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12446 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ignoring the obvious scam, when you go to their website to log in, and your password doesn't work, what is your next step? I don't know about you, but I would choose the option "Forgot your password". They then would email me instructions to reset my password. That would be the only link I would click on, because I am the one who initiated the process. I would never click on anything I didn't initiate in the first place.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I got the same email but I haven’t been to their site or ordered anything from them in years.
Do they have stuff still worth ordering? I deleted the email as soon as I seen the password reset and the link. I’m sure I’m still in their database but this is the first email I’ve received from them in years.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Yeah I went to the site and did the “forgot password “ and used that link. All set. But they should know better.

And yes they do have food stuff at decent prices. I use them for ribs and brisket mostly. A bit pricier than Costco but more convenient for me.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12446 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
A word of advice: Never directly respond to ANY (commercial) email, NONE.

So many take every email like it is the Gospel and think every sender address is honest. Confused

Could be, but if you respond directly and not go through the your normal web address or link then you are just asking for trouble.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Yeah I went to the site and did the “forgot password “ and used that link. All set. But they should know better.

And yes they do have food stuff at decent prices. I use them for ribs and brisket mostly. A bit pricier than Costco but more convenient for me.

Send a copy of the spoof email to their customer service email, if they have one online, they need to know they are in a phishing scam, they may have been breached.

Posts: 23561 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Send a copy of the spoof email to their customer service email, if they have one online, they need to know they are in a phishing scam, they may have been breached.

I don’t believe it’s a scam. I checked the sender email address against the address on my password reset email and it’s the same. Just surprised they would do that.

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
SEEMS like a phishing scam ? Are you serious ? Yeah , go ahead and do what they want . Roll Eyes

Posts: 4068 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
May not be, I do get notices to change passwords from some companies but not in an unsolicited email.

I have seen it when I login and they want it updated due to some rule they have on time/age etc.

Posts: 23561 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
May not be, I do get notices to change passwords from some companies but not in an unsolicited email.

I have seen it when I login and they want it updated due to some rule they have on time/age etc.

Yes, same here, but that's not what happened with OP.

Q

Posts: 26464 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
So it's not a scam and yet this company, that I like very much, isn't smart enough to know they shouldn't do it this way. Here is the email I got from them in response to my inquiry.
They got my name wrong too. My last name is Rogers

Hi Roger
Thank you for contacting the Wild Fork Customer Care Team, we're here to help!

There are many ways you can verify whether the email is a scam or not. We are launching a new website and we do require our thousands of customers to update their account information to be directed to the new website and via email is the quickest and easiest way to do this.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need any assistance with this. I will be happy yo help.

Best Regards,

Brian Cruz
Recipes | FAQ | How to shop!
Customer Care Representative
General Inquiries: (833) 300-9453

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
Go to the new website and enter your info .

Posts: 4068 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
But why would a company do this knowing everyone is leery of such emails?

What form of communication is above suspicion these days?

Would it have made a difference if they had texted, left a voice mail, sent carrier pigeons, etc.? It really sounds like their message could have been worded better, more informative, left the links out, and instead told people to set up their accounts on the new website. On the other hand, wouldn’t telling people to set up an account on a new website be just as suspicious?

Posts: 11005 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post