SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Second hand car parts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second hand car parts Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
Is there an online search engine or site that people can look for SH car parts? I know scrap yards have a system they use, but what about us consumers?

I'm looking for a part that goes for $250+ on Rock Auto and a used one would be just as good.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Is there an online search engine or site that people can look for SH car parts? I know scrap yards have a system they use, but what about us consumers?

I'm looking for a part that goes for $250+ on Rock Auto and a used one would be just as good.

Are you asking if there's a website for used parts that are not scrapyards?

I don't know of such a site but I use car-part.com

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

Are you asking if there's a website for used parts that are not scrapyards?

I don't know of such a site but I use car-part.com

I don't care if it searches scrapyards at all. I just want to be able to locate a used part and have it shipped to me.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ebay

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
LKQ
Co-Part

Model specific forums

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.car-part.com ...its a junkyard search engine.

Find your part, call the yard, get it shipped.

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Depending what model vehicle there could be a forum for it with a classified section.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Car-part.com is good if you don't care what you are buying. It does not allow the end user to search by RPO codes, trim levels, interchangeability, etc...

If you are looking for an RB4 radio, you have to scroll through other OEM radios plus what ever aftermarket stuff that is listed also.

A good website if you have time.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ebay motors.....car parts

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck over the years on eBay for used parts. Sometimes it will be a junkyard, other times you find a private seller parting out a car cheap. I'm sure the others mentioned are good too.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Car-part.com is good if you don't care what you are buying. It does not allow the end user to search by RPO codes, trim levels, interchangeability, etc...

If you are looking for an RB4 radio, you have to scroll through other OEM radios plus what ever aftermarket stuff that is listed also.

A good website if you have time.

That is not true.
You certainly can choose interchangeable parts and you can also choose trim level amongst many other options.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess it works better for the newer stuff. I didn't have any luck.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've used ebay for specific parts. but there's a few scrap yards in my area and they let you go in and pull the part you need.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
thanks everyone

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

That is not true.
You certainly can choose interchangeable parts and you can also choose trim level amongst many other options.
]

Please educate me. I just tried to find a duplicate for the engine in my Fiesta ST. BTW, mounts are specific to this vehicle, the 1.6 Turbo from the Escape will NOT fit. So, I entered my VIN code to nail down the engine type and got millions of Ford Escape engines and very very few Ford Fiesta ST's. In addition all of the ST's listed had severe front end damage, so the engines probably had some busted mounting tabs or even a cracked block.

Then I decided to turn off the interchange option and limited the years to 2014 to 2019, years where the engines are fully interchangeable for the ST. What I got from that specification was Ford Fiesta Engines, NOT Fiesta ST engines. Yeah, there is a difference, about 80 horsepower.

BTW, the need for this engine is that I am thinking about building a high output (350-400 HP) engine and that requires the use of Forged Pistons and H beam connecting rods.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Tagged

Posts: 2877 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Bought a used Tundra(2013) for the son a few months ago. Low & behold a deer ran out & hit him by the front tire. The panel above the tire was dented good, the headlight cover was cracked too.

I went to a local body shop I’ve used before, no insurance involvement. After putting in the details(VIN) his search engine came back with options for parts, price, location, & condition.

Right away he found the panel from a salvage yard, $120 compared to $400+ new. Same with the headlight assembly.

I asked him how he found it so fast? He said he had a search engine body shops used, may be the same as mentioned above. It seemed much more efficient than an eBay, or open net search.

The parts came up, and the details, easy to compare, new, used, whatever.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
You'll want to note where the part is located in the US. Generally auto parts from Southern states/MidWest/drier states/non-rust belt are generally cleaner/have less corrosion the older the vehicle parts become.
(I have bought body panels/replacement engines from NC/TX and the like that were eight years old without a spot of corrosion).

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
About an hours drive for you.

Nordstrom's Automotive – Used Auto Parts – Sioux Falls SD
https://www.nordstromsauto.com

Nordstrom's Repairable Vehicles | Garretson, South Dakota ...
https://nordstromsrepairables.com

Part Search - Nordstrom's Automotive
https://www.nordstromsauto.com › used-parts › makes
Used Parts Inventory. My Vehicle: Year Make Model. Click to change.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Try lkq.com.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post